Permanent Part - Time Role 25-30 hours a week, Onsite and Remote based, Join a high-learning environment.
This role will suit someone who is first and foremost a Bookkeeper or Accountant who is experienced and passionate about Payroll. You'll have a business improvement focus and experience in managing and processing payruns of 50+ and supporting companies and their employees in this business critical function.
You will be joining our national Team of Bookkeepers and Accountants in helping SMEs through this exciting year and beyond with your strong technical accounting skills and ability to calm people in a storm. This is a hybrid role which will have both onsite (working with customers where they are to build relationships) and offsite (working from home or in one of our hubs) aspects.
Better Business Basics helps companies get their financial records organised and systemised, using whats happened to help them understand what makes them grow. We are the in-house Finance specialists. We use a respectful dialogue of asking and listening that is all about building trust. We are outcome and future focused, delivering the information companies need to run a great business and build profitable business relationships.
The key to our 15-year success is in our People.
Our national Team are talented Bookkeeping and Accounting professionals that champion customer service, automation, process efficiency and learning above all else. They assist in telling our clients the real story behind the numbers. We are leading the change in our industry and how SMEs look at their numbers and if youre the right fit, we want you to bring your expertise and experience to help build our Team and share what you know in a great working environment.
We offer truly flexible career opportunities, which is why we were proud to be awarded Employer of Choice by the Australian Business Awards two years running.
- Choose the set flexible working hours you need to integrate with the other areas of your life
- Benefit from performance-based bonuses in addition to your rate
- Participate in regular Training & Development sessions delivered on-line to keep your skills current
- Gain the valuable experience of working with other professional and knowledgeable people in teams as part of our Day2Day and +CFO services and special finance projects with industry-specific clients
- Get support from your Regional Manager and our strong team of national accounting professionals
- Experience first-hand the innovation changing the financial services sector and the SME landscape and learn how you can be a part of this exciting revolution
Please only apply if you are an experienced Bookkeeping and/or Accounting professional with at least a Certificate IV in Bookkeeping/Accounting, preferably a Diploma or Degree qualification, with at least 10 years of hands-on Australian-based experience.
- Between 25 - 30 hours per week
- Processing of the full Payroll function including PAYG, Superannuation, Workers Compensation, Payroll Tax and current Government initiatives
- Importing of key day-to-day data and reconciliations of all Balance Sheet accounts including Bank, Credit Cards and Intercompany Accounts
- Reporting to Management and key stakeholders as needed
- Completed an Australian Accounting or Bookkeeping Cert IV, Diploma or Degree qualification (current CPA or CA status will give your application an advantage)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software which must include XERO
- Advanced processing experience of the full Payroll function (+20 employees)
- Thrive in an environment that has variety and is fast-paced
- Proven ability to communicate with a variety of people and exceptional time management skills
- An appetite and willingness to learn
- The ability to question the status quo and recognise and implement business and process improvements as you go (if you ask 'Why', we want you!)
- Drive your own car and have a valid license
Attach your current resume and a cover letter outlining what makes you a perfect fit and what you want to learn from us in the next 3 years. Please also add the key word Orange somewhere in your cover letter.
Applications close Wednesday 21st April 2021
We thank you in advance for taking the time to apply with us. For more information, please visit our Careers Page to learn what this next step could mean for you.