- Ongoing full-time role, based in Ballina but open to other NSW locations
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $128,089 - $148,134 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Housing & Property Group is currently seeking a Manager – Coastal Unit to join our Crown Land NSW Team.
The Manager Coastal Unit manages a team and provides expert advice on a diverse range of tenures, reserves and strategic property management functions, to achieve government priorities in the coastal zone. The role fosters constructive relationships with coastal stakeholders and tenure holders, to ensure issues are appropriately managed and leads staff in consistently applying policy and delivering changes and reforms to the management of coastal Crown land
In addition to the above, this role will also:
- Lead the strategic management of coastal Crown land to ensure property assets and tenures are effectively and appropriately managed.
- Proactively engage with community in regard to Crown land 2031: State Strategic Plan for Crown land and its associated priorities.
- Develop and implement reforms to coastal Crown land management, embedding policies and procedures that achieve outcomes aligned to community expectations and the NSW coastal management legislative framework.
- Build and maintain relationships to enhance the reputation of the Department through effective community engagement, proactive client service, fostering partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, and agency representation at government and industry forums.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Sound understanding of coastal erosion mechanisms and processes
- Strong communication, relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Extensive experience providing strategic advice on the management of coastal land
- Strong initiative to solve problems with a high attention to detail
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Current NSW driver’s license and willingness to travel
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment’s vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We focus on some of the biggest issues facing our state. We deliver sustainable water resource and environment management, secure our energy supply, oversee our planning system, maximise community benefit from government land and property, and create the conditions for a prosperous state.
The Housing and Property Group, part of the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE), oversees the management of NSW Government assets, including the management of Crown land, the NSW Government’s social housing portfolio and oversight of strategic use and disposal of government owned land. The Group also includes the Aboriginal Housing Office, the Valuer General and the Land and Housing Corporation.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: 11:55pm Thursday 15th April 2021
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Our commitment to flexible working:
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity, and delivery of high-quality services. We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible.
Our commitment to diversity:
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment recognises that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disability.