Lead the visual direction of the Student Guild and it's sub-brands, Produce a variety of print and digital design materials, Contribute to the success of the Guild's initiatives at Griffith Uni.
Griffith University Gold Coast Student Guild is searching for a talented graphic designer to deliver exceptional quality marketing and promotional material specifically targeted towards university students (predominantly 18-25).
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will provide Griffith University Gold Coast Student Guild (and its associated departments) with graphic design services and consultation, while moderating consistency across all areas of design and marketing.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time and deadlines. An ability to juggle competing demands is essential, as you may be working on more than one project at a time.
- Free membership to on campus gym and pool
- Generous leave provision (4 weeks annual leave + 5 ex gratia days for University closures and holidays)
- Flexible working arrangements
The Griffith University Gold Coast Student Guild delivers a range of services to make students university experience as engaging, active and enjoyable as possible.The Student Guild is a not-for-profit organisation that looks after most of the non-academic services and programs that are delivered on the Gold Coast campus. Our activities are guided by a board of students and delivered by a team of professional staff. The range of services we deliver include:
- Clubs, societies and volunteer programs
- Career guidance, leadership and personal development opportunities
- Campus culture, social events and recreational activities
- Sporting and fitness activities and facilities
- Academic support, wellbeing and advocacy
- Commercial food, beverage and retail services
We are student life experts, and the student experience starts with us.
To provide students with positive, relevant and valued services that support them to achieve success in all aspects of their student life.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for:
Designing all promotional material and signage for the GUGC Student Guild, its sub-departments and its commercial outlets which include Uni Fitness, Uni Bar and The Uni Store. The deliverables vary, but may include:
- Multi-page brochures/booklets
- Annual reports
- External and internal signs
- Event based signs and accessories
- Clothing (staff uniforms/sporting team uniforms/merchandise)
- Branded promotional items
- Branded presentations
- Student calendars
- Screen images (promotional screens around campus)
- Facebook images
- Instagram images
- Website images
Key selection criteria
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience with the following software:
- Adobe InDesign - high level
- Adobe Illustrator - moderate level
- Adobe Photoshop - moderate level
- Pre-press (print media and screen printing) - moderate level
- MS Word - moderate level
- MS Powerpoint - moderate level
- Ability to work to a brief and be creative while always staying on-brand
- Demonstrated experience in brand management and developing and adhering to brand guidelines
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, time management skills, self-management skills, a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to respond efficiently to competing demands
- A tertiary qualification in Graphic Design, or related qualification or relevant experience
- Experience designing EDMs (e-mails)
- Experience photographing live events
- Have Adobe Suite on a personal computer (to work from home on occasion)
- Have a portfolio demonstrating your best work
- Have a current drivers license;
- Have an understanding of and an ability to work within the values of, and comply with Student Guild and Griffith University policies and relevant legislation within the organisation and its work.
If this sounds like you and you want to make a meaningful contribution to the student experience at Griffith University Gold Coast, apply now.
How to apply
Please submit your application online (click apply) and ensure you include the following:
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, including:
- A link to a portfolio demonstrating your best work
- A written response to each of the selection criteria in the position description (available here https://bit.ly/3fcdaYR)
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including current position;
- Name and contact details of three references.
Please note that only applicants who provide their cover letter, a link to their portfolio of past work, resume, and address the selection criteria as listed above will be considered for this role.
Application attachments should be saved as .doc, .docx or .pdf only. File names should be no more than 25 characters long and should include letters and numbers only.
Applications closeMonday 12 April at 8.00 am AEST. Applicants must be available for a 1 hour interview the week of 12-16 April. All applications must be submitted online.