Carbonix is an Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems used for advanced data capture in commercial applications.
Our powered lift aircraft boast long endurance, versatile deployment, and automatic mission execution.
We have an interdisciplinary team made up of leaders in various streams of engineering. Our integrated product development approach allows us to create and operate wholly in-house, from structures to hardware to software.
Successful applicants will have a track record of good professional relationships, be highly motivated, and have a keen eye for quality and attention to detail. You will be working in a collaborative environment with a culture of high performance, in a rapidly growing industry.
This is a hands-on role in the construction and assembly of flight hardware and supporting equipment. We are seeking a full-time electrical engineer who is capable of executing the following tasks:
- Building, maintaining, improving electrical components, systems, instruments
- Managing and coordinating assembly and quality assurance processes ensuring efficiency, on-time delivery, and consistent outcomes
- Establishing and maintaining construction, manufacturing, installation standards
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by executing, directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support and testing activities
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies
- Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials, and liaising with suppliers
- Supervising or mentoring project team members
- Estimating material, labour, or construction costs for budget preparation
- Maintaining electrical equipment
- Contributing to strategic development and planning
The right person
You will be an enthusiastic and responsible team member with meticulous attention to detail.
Strong work ethic, willing to put in the time to realise demanding, challenging time-critical projects.
It is important that you are comfortable with and enjoy fine, safety-critical work and aim for the highest quality at all times.
Some directly relevant experience hands-on in aerospace and/or marine electronics is strongly preferred.
Applicants based in (or able to quickly relocate to) Sydney, Australia with working rights essential.
- Self-motivated and independently capable, but able to work in a close team environment
- A positive attitude and enthusiastic approach
- A high level of communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in use of electronics manufacturing tools for prototyping (soldering, crimping)
- Proficient knowledge of connectivity standards, hardware suppliers ecosystem, state-of-the-art methodologies in avionics, embedded systems, autonomous systems
- High level understanding of Design for Manufacture
- Ability to communicate fluently and easily with people at all levels internal and external to the business
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering preferred
- Minimum 10 years experience in the field of electrical engineering
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronics engineering
- Experience writing software and firmware for integrated devices preferred but not essential
- Proficiency in design modeling and simulation software preferred but not essential
You will receive a competitive wage alongside the opportunity to work on rewarding and challenging projects with autonomy and the possibility of advancement as the business grows.
The right applicant must have the right to work in Australia, and to trial with us in Sydney if you are not currently located here.