At Newmont, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmonts multi-billion dollar Boddington operation takes full advantage of innovative, state-of-the-art technology and processing methods, giving you the opportunity to advance your career in a clean and safe mining environment.
What are the benefits for you
- We offer you an industry competitive remuneration package inclusive of an Annual Bonus and Gold Level Health Insurance for you and your family, access to Newmonts Employee Assistance Program, generous Parental Leave and other Employee Rewards and Benefits.
- You can live locally and go home every day or stay in our Village for your roster and DIDO. Were located approximately an hour from the coast and Perths south eastern suburbs.
- Working an 8:6:7:7 roster, will give you plenty of time to enjoy your out of work interests.
What you will be doing
As a Maintenance Technician with Newmont, you will be required to monitor and maintain equipment in a large fixed plant process mining environment to ensure we achieve safe milling production targets of 40.5MTPA.
The major components of the process plant are listed below and all Process Maintenance Plant personnel are required to maintain and assist in these areas as required.
- Milling circuit
- Flotation circuit
- Carbon in Leach Circuit
- Carbon Regeneration
- Water Services
- PM inspections in all areas
- Operation of plant equipment (EWP/Forklift/Overhead Crane/Dogging/Basic Rigging/Hiab)
Who you are
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Maintenance experience in a large process plant environment
- Computer skills
- Exposure to CMMS (SAP preferred)
- High Risk License: Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Dogging/Rigging (preferred)
- Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights (preferred)
- Current C class drivers licence
Applications close on Thursday, 8 April 2021.
Our Culture & Values
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.