Carbonix is an Australian manufacturer and operator of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) systems used for advanced data capture in commercial applications.
Our powered lift aircraft boast long endurance, versatile deployment, and automatic mission execution.
We have an interdisciplinary team made up of leaders in various streams of engineering. Our integrated product development approach allows us to create and operate wholly in-house, from structures to hardware to software.
Successful applicants will have a track record of good professional relationships, be highly motivated, and have a keen eye for quality and attention to detail. You will be working in a collaborative environment with a culture of high performance, in a rapidly growing industry.
We are seeking a full-time mechanical engineer who is capable of executing the following tasks:
- Conceptual design, detail design, manufacture and commissioning of structures in advanced composites
- Mechanical assembly and interface design
- 3D modelling large assemblies or individual components, with complex surfaces
- 2D drafting assembly and production drawings, BOMs and cut lists
- Production design concept to manufacture
- Composite laminate analysis & specification
- Finite Element Analysis coupled with Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Procurement materials & components
- Project Management tracking toward goals, managing time and coordinating with other streams
The right person
You will be an enthusiastic and responsible team member with meticulous attention to detail.
Strong work ethic, willing to put in the time to realize demanding, challenging time-critical projects.
It is important that you are comfortable with and enjoy fine, weight-critical work and aim for the highest quality at all times.
Some directly relevant experience hands-on in aerospace and/or marine advanced composite structures is strongly preferred.
Applicants based in (or able to quickly relocate to) Sydney, Australia with working rights essential.
- Self-motivated and independently capable, but able to work in a close team environment
- Advanced CAD skills in 3D modelling, 2D drafting and engineering drawings
- Proficient in use of additive manufacturing tools for prototyping
- High level understanding of Design for Manufacture
- Ability to communicate fluently and easily with people at all levels internal and external to the business including customers
- Tertiary degree qualification acceptable to Engineers Australia, in the relevant discipline
You will receive a competitive wage alongside the opportunity to work on rewarding and challenging projects with autonomy and the possibility of advancement as the business grows.
The right applicant must have the right to work in Australia, and to trial with us in Sydney if you are not currently located here.