Strong growth company with a steady pipeline of work, Clear promotion path into management, Excellent remuneration aligned with skills and experience.
PRODUCTION DRAFTSPERSON HIGH END RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Your new team:
Our client is a second-generation builder specialising in large prestigious luxury homes, they have built in iconic estates such as The Avenue, The Parks, Rochedale Estates and Hope Island Estates. Our clients strong growth now requires the establishment of their own in-house drafting team, beginning with the appointment of an experienced Revit production drafter.
Reporting to the Design Manager, the ideal candidate will thrive on drafting, drafting and more drafting. This role is earmarked to become the Drafting Manager, eventually running your very own team, so if you are a dedicated and responsible team player that is focused on future management opportunities rather than aspirations in design, we want to speak to you today!
Your new role:
Located on the Southside of Brisbane, our relaxed and casual office houses between 10-13 co-workers depending on the day. Well-equipped office facilities, and private, well-appointed workstations, allow everyone the time and space to do their best work.
Supported by a daily consult with your Design manager, you get the opportunity to cover off any time sensitivities or provide highly valued feedback on working issues that may have surfaced, before settling into your own autonomous work schedule.
Ideally, you will thrive on the high intensity workflow, and your natural resilience will help you successfully manage competing priorities to provide support to various internal stakeholders, including the Design, Estimating and Construction teams.
Your strong work ethic and natural initiative enable you to take full ownership of the role and pave the way for your promotion into the role of Drafting Manager, where you will eventually oversee your own drafting team.
What you will bring:
- Building design / architectural qualifications are not required but beneficial
- Excellent Revit skills (3-5 years + experience)
- Experience in residential drafting within a high-volume environment
- The ability to prepare DA, CDC & CC documentation
- Take projects from the initial concept design through to lodgement and site start
- Production of drawings using Revit including site plans, floor plans, elevations, internal elevations, details, and sections
- Providing drawings and documentation for tenders, masters, contracts, council lodgements and site purposes
- Quality control to ensure all drawings are completed with 100% accuracy to reflect client contractual documents, regulatory requirements, and standards within agreed time frames
- Ensuring compliance with relevant codes, regulations, and design guidelines
- Energy, positivity, teamwork & a passion for problem-solving
- High degree of accuracy
- Liaising with consultants
- Eligibility to work in Australia with no restrictions
- Review the work of other team members
- Carrying out variations to existing drawings
- Identifying cost effective and build-able solutions to all designs
- A dynamic, team-driven attitude with a healthy sense of humour
- A strong work ethic and immaculate attention to detail
What we will bring:
- Genuine career advancement opportunities;
- A supportive workplace culture where great work is recognised and rewarded.
- Excellent remuneration reflective of skills and experience