Warrnambool location, Busy team environment, Salary packaging benefits available.
Why Choose to Work with WDEA Works
WDEA Works is a community focused not-for-profit organisation offering Disability Employment Services (DES), jobactive programmes, Training (RTO), Social Enterprises, NDIS programs and activities. The organisation has been operating for over 30 years and has 16 full-time offices across Western Victoria and South Australia employing over 420 people.
By choosing to work at WDEA Works, youll enjoy:
- Family-friendly organisational culture work/life balance is a key priority!
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Attractive salary packaging, enjoy the benefits of working for a not-for-profit
- Me Days 4 additional leave days per year to focus on you.
- Additional leave entitlements
- Bonus Leave Get paid over the Christmas Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Be part of a larger organisation that covers 29 sites across Western Victoria and SA
- Company issued laptops and mobile phones
About the role
As a Senior Finance Officer you will be working under the day-to-day direction of the Finance Manager while providing co-ordination, oversight and support to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. You will assist with general functions, such as processing customer invoices, End of Month tasks and Payroll support.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Daily processing of payments received from customers and preparing bank deposits
- Ensuring customer accounts are paid and overdue accounts are followed up
- Liaising with Program Managers regarding invoicing queries and outstanding accounts
- Reconciling key accounts and receivable items across systems
- Undertaking stocktake of physical assets
- Processing petty cash reconciliations and credit card statements
We are seeking an experienced Finance professional, who enjoys working as part of a team and thrives in a fast paced environment.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- High level accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, particular in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience within a finance, accounting or bookkeeping position
- An Accounting, Business or Finance related qualification, or working towards one
The Feel-Good Parts
If youve read this far then you already know that WDEA Works is community-focused not-for-profit organisation, but what does that mean
At WDEA Works, the profits the organisation generates goes back into the communities we serve. We give back through the WDEA Works Foundation, donations and sponsorships, we genuinely believe in supporting our community. Since the beginning of the WDEA Works Foundation in 2004, we have given back over$1 million dollars to various groups.
WDEA Works is also a Values driven organisation, led by the following values:
Integrity-Our clients trust us. We owe them honesty and transparency. Every person who comes to WDEA Works deserves to be treated in a fair and objective way. Were accountable for our actions and we follow through.
Respect-Each person we work with is worthyand should be seen in a unique context. Diversity shows us new ways to build on a persons strength.
Empathy-Everyone experiences life differently. Relating to each other helps us understand someone elses perspective so we can create solutions for individuals. Were accountable for our actions and we follow through.
Innovation-How can we make someones life better Using new ideas can solve challenges of all sizes and levels. A little innovation might have a big impact for a client.