Salary Sacrifice available, Not your every day Administration role.
Kokoda Youth Foundation (KYF) is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC) holding Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status. It exists to transform the lives of young Australians through the Spirit of Kokoda. The KYF has three main areas of operation; Kokoda Challenge Events, Kokoda Challenge Youth Programs and Outdoor Education.
Our Outdoor Education sector has two facilities, Camp Kokoda and Kokoda Park, and is a leading provider of journey-based camping programs that annually hosts more than 3000 school children. The diverse range of fun and challenging outdoor activities stimulate a sense of adventure outside familiar comfort zones, which empowers self-belief and discovery.
Camp Kokoda is a 660-acre property which is situated on the western shores of Maroon Dam, containing 6 self-sufficient campsites with multiple activity sites. All programs are expedition style programs.
Kokoda Park is a centre based facility in Thornton, about 20 minutes west of Laidley. It has dorm accommodation for 140 students, commercial dining hall and adventure activities. Some expedition style programs are available at Kokoda Park but most will be centre based.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Outdoor Education Administration Officer is an exciting opportunity for a 'hands on' highly motivated individual to join the Outdoor Education team. We are looking for an experienced professional person to join our small team to help facilitate and manage the day to day administration of all things Outdoor Education at both Camp Kokoda and Kokoda Park.
Based at the Maroon facility of Camp Kokoda and reporting to the Outdoor Education Director, applicants will need to be able to problem solve, self-motivate, be flexible, enjoy interacting with a diverse range of staff, clients, suppliers and stakeholders and be highly organised with great attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
To be successful in this role, you must be someone who has previous experience in an administrative role, competent in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel, internet and email systems, a strong work ethic and be able to work independently.
- You are energised by our core values and altruistic at heart
- You have a growth mindset, love the outdoors and working with youth
- You have demonstrated hands-on experience in Administration and strive to achieve high standards
KEY DUTIES (including but not limited to)
- Be the first point of call for all enquiries for both Camp Kokoda and Kokoda Park
- Liaison with clients (mainly schools) with discretion and courtesy
- Establish and maintain accurate and efficient electronic and manual filing systems
- Maintain camp food, stationary and first aid stocks
- Receive and create client invoices, collect receipts and manage petty cash
- Lodge all invoices in Xero for payment
- Collate staff hours for payroll including leave and sick forms
- Maintain staff files including updating qualifications
- Create and maintain a booking calendar
- Arrange logistics for suppliers pick up and drop offs (food, equipment, etc)
- Collation of information and creation of internal staff newsletter
- Updating and releasing social media updates
- Organising promotion and marketing material and projects as directed by the Director
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Manager
- Blue Card
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate or equal qualification
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel, Xero Accounting, internet and email systems
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Administration
- Previous experience in Outdoor Education
- Qualifications in Outdoor Education activities
- Strong team spirit and the ability to work as a team member within the ethos and values of the Kokoda Youth Foundation
- Excellent time management, organisation and planning skills with an ability to manage complex tasks, challenging projects and competing deadlines concurrently
- Interpersonal skills and ability to relate to staff and clients from diverse backgrounds;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem solving skills and a proven capacity for planning, implementing and completing a large project;
Please apply with your CV, cover letter .
Applications close Friday 9th April 2021