Come join the Senior Management Team at Mamu Health Service, Competitive remuneration with opportunity to salary package, A supportive and flexible work environment in an established NFP organisatio.
Mamu Health Service Limited is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation owned and managed by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to provide culturally appropriate and comprehensive primary health care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities of Innisfail, Tully, Ravenshoe, Mt Garnet and Babinda.
Our service provides a multi-disciplinary approach with linkages to specialists and allied health providers to deliver preventative and ongoing holistic health care, health promotion and education, safety and wellbeing support to communities within our service region.
Mamu Health Services Limited is part of a larger network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Community Controlled Health Services throughout Queensland and Australia. We are proud of our organisation, the people and of the services we provide.
Our Vision - is the elimination of disparities in health and wellbeing experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in our region.
Our Mission - to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who live in Innisfail and surrounding districts to live long healthy lives
Our Values in every way, we will demonstrate reliability, empathy, respect for each other and responsiveness and transparency in our service delivery.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to maintain efficient and effective financial operations of Mamu Health Service Limited (MHSL). The position provides strategic financial direction and leadership to ensure the organisation achieves its strategy, annual goals and objectives. This position is also responsible for business planning, financial management and working collaboratively as part of the Senior Management Team.
1. Provide leadership and effectively manage portfolio areas through providing supervision and support to managers and staff in the delivery of effective, integrated and safe services in accordance with the organisations strategic direction and in line with best practice standards.
2. Ensure all services within the portfolio areas meet funding and accreditation standards and obligations.
3. Maintain knowledge relating to key changes, including legislative and funding requirement changes across portfolio areas and implement any required changes in consultation with the CEO.
4. Identify and recommend key partnerships and source funding opportunities for the organisation that align with the strategic direction.
5. Contribute to continuous improvement processes and participate in quality assurance activities to ensure compliance with relevant standards and safe, effective service delivery.
6. Work within the bounds of approved policies and procedures including exercise of delegation and abide by the Code of Conduct of the organisation.
7. Participate in organisational and community activities to advance the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
8. Other duties as required, within your skills, experience and capacity.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience working in a senior management position.
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant field, CPA qualification would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and delivery high quality services that contribute to strategic objectives through effective management of human, financial and physical resources.
- Effective experience in overseeing the budget of an organisation and ensuring that all programs remain on budget and all financial reporting is acquitted as per program contractual requirements.
- Highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills including the proven ability to develop and implement appropriate responses to critical organisational issues.
- Extensively developed interpersonal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively advocate, negotiate and influence others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of legislation and standards relating to human resources management, quality management systems, accreditation and workplace health and safety.
- Experience working with grant funding agreements
- Experience with or exposure to accounting issues in the not-for-profit sector
- Ability to prepare and present detailed financial report to the board of directors
How to Apply
Applications close Friday 9th of April 2021
Mamu Health Service Limited do not consider applicants who do not address the Key Selection Criteria.