Permanent Full-Time position, $68,540.33 - $73,926.05 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, Fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Business Operations Support Officer
Reference number: 13516
Closing date: Sunday 11 April 2021 at 11.45pm
- Permanent Full-Time position
- $68,540.33 - $73,926.05 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation, salary determination is commensurate with experience.
- Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO) available
- Fast paced and dynamic work environment
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 130,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
Positioned within Council’s Family & Children Services Department, this opportunity will see you play an integral role un providing business operation and administration support to the Department to enhance the health, wellbeing and development of children, young people and families within the municipality.
- Contribute to the development of systems and processes which improve the efficiency, effectiveness and integration of administration activities;
- Assist with the processing and maintenance of documentation relating service activities (such as reporting of compliance and notification activities to the Department of Education, updating records relating to internal governance processes and relevant client communication.);
- Input and maintain data records and spread sheets to track data, organise and support communications and mail outs to internal and external stakeholders; and,
- Communicate with program staff and visit centres as required to support relevant administration and business operation tasks, including training in administration processes.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Business Administration or related field together with some relevant experience in a similar administration role;
- Demonstrated competence in word processing, data entry, data bases and spreadsheets (specifically Microsoft Office suite of applications);
- Skills in oral communication with a range of stakeholders, including internal and external customers, government bodies, co-workers, and other organisations;
- Ability to plan and organise day to day work tasks and incorporate time management skills, in accordance with deadlines;
- Understanding of Child Safe Organisations and responsibility to customers and community; and,
- Current and valid Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Kelly Pound, Manager Family & Children Services on (03) 9243 1401.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment,
Applications Close: 11/04/2021