Key leadership role, Iconic wine brands, Global organisation.
Barossa Packaging, Site Manager
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the worlds leading wine companies. We know that its the thinkers, makers and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognised as the worlds most admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, to the broad appeal of Lindemans and newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Wine Production ANZ, this role will lead and develop our production, quality and site support team members at TWE Barossa Packaging Centre and will be responsible for its safe and efficient operation. This encompasses continually improving production and warehousing systems and processes to achieve the best possible cost per case without compromising safety or quality.
- Develop processes to ensure responsibility, authority and accountability in all operations within the Warehouse and Packaging areas
- Lead a culture that is focused on safety and TWEs Destination Zero Harm approach
- Manage the sites sustainability programs in such a way that minimizes the sites environmental footprint
- Monitor and manage the performance of the Site Leadership team
- Control costs to meet approved budgets. Including cost per case and total handling costs as per agreed budgets
- Identify and recommend initiatives to management that align with Supply Strategic Imperatives
- Manage an effective and well-informed team that can meet the dynamic demands of internal and external customers
- Build team member capability through TWEs strategic training and development programs
- Play a lead role negotiation role in site Enterprise Bargaining processes
Our ideal candidate will be a positive culture leader and influencer who will have a natural ability to develop employees and promote an engaged and safe workplace, combined with the following key skills and characteristics:
- Experience in a continuous high speed packaging environment would be considered highly advantageous however continuous processing or manufacturing experience will be key
- Highly energetic, proactive and resilient
- Ability to drive a safety-first culture and 5S processes
- Comfortable with engaging and building rapport with various stakeholders both in person and virtually
Whats in it for you
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
- Access to the worlds most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (were really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
- TWEforME Day an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you
- Meeting-free Monday mornings (we all love this!)
We bring our whole selves, were courageous and we deliver together thats our DNA. Were a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. Were brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. Were definitely glass half full people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If youre ready to help us be the worlds most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability.
How to apply
We move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you dont want to miss out, apply today. Note that we prefer to deal with you directly; we havent briefed a recruitment agency on this role and wont be accepting CVs through any recruitment agency, so please apply directly.
In light of COVID-19, we are frequently reviewing our recruitment processes. Right now, we are conducting all interviews virtually. This is a fluid situation and we will adapt our processes as we need to with any government guidelines or regulations.