Join a leading energy organisation, Competitive REM + Super + Bonus, An exciting role in a supportive and collaborative team.
- Join a leading energy organisation
- Bring your industry savvy and creativity to a company thats at the centre of transforming energy delivery
- Competitive REM + Super + Bonus
It is an exciting time to work at Ausgrid and to be part of an organisation that is transforming, in an industry which is rapidly evolving. Ausgrid presents many opportunities, both from the technology revolution in the energy industry and the growth of emerging energy solutions in the community.
Your role at Ausgrid
The Future Network Strategy Lead will help drive the reinvention of Ausgrids asset investment strategy. In your role, you will analyse and understand the changing expectations for the reliability, safety and sustainability of our network from our customers, regulators and shareholders. You will identify and promote innovative strategies to inform Ausgrids future asset investment direction as the energy industry and Ausgrid transform. Your investment strategies will balance changing needs and expectations against managing legacy obligations related to the existing asset base.
About the group
Asset Management is responsible for our long-term network investment decisions and the day-to-day performance of our network. Asset Management applies innovative thinking across the areas below, both for managing our existing assets and in setting the path for the shape of the future network and the new types of assets which will make it up:
- produces network investment plans and develops our program of works
- manages network outcomes while balancing cost, risk and performance
- develops network strategies, standards and policies relating to our network, our assets, technology and electrical safety
- provides monitoring and reporting of asset performance
- provides governance and reporting of network capital and maintenance investments
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will hold degree level qualifications with superior knowledge and ability to identify and critically analyse technical/financial aspects of customer preference, asset and network performance.
You will have demonstratable understanding of emerging technologies including distributed energy resources and electric vehicles with technical understanding of existing network assets, along with their related benefits and risks.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic approaches to issues which require technical and commercial knowledge
- Sound project management and time management skills
- Ability to facilitate working groups of subject specialists.
- Recognised negotiation, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to learn quickly and develop new knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality and discretion when dealing with sensitive or personal matters
- Established interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly evident communication skills both written and oral with a customer focus for service delivery
Future Network Strategy Lead Role Statement
Why work for us
Our people are the most important part of our business. We offer professional and technical positions, from apprenticeships & traineeships to senior leadership roles, across a broad range of disciplines.
We offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- Monthly day off
- Bonus potential
- 15% superannuation
- Pay for performance culture
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Staff club
- Corporate Health plan
- Health and Wellness fitness program
- Annual Flu vaccine
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Strong focus on mental health and much more
Ausgrid is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an equal opportunity employer, our people are made up of a diverse mix of ages, backgrounds, skills and professions. This diverse mix of talent and perspectives is recognised, valued and encouraged through various programs and initiatives.
Ausgrid is an energy services business that operates the largest electricity network in Australia. We deliver a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.7 million homes and businesses and connect communities across more than 22,000 square kilometres. Our operations include infrastructure construction and maintenance, customer connections, street lighting and metering and testing services.
Ausgrid's vision is to be a leading energy solutions provider, recognised both locally and globally. To achieve this vision, all Ausgrid employees commit to living our values in all they do, so that we:
- Work Safe, Live Safe to protect self, other people and the environment
- Take responsibility to be Honest and Accountable
- Treat everyone with Respect
Interested Apply now!
Please review the role statement and apply addressing your suitability for the role via a cover letter and attach your resume.
Successful candidates will be notified regarding an interview.
Please note interviews may be held via Microsoft Teams, in order to follow social distancing guidelines and to minimise risk to you and our employees.
Applications close: 11 April 2021, 11.55pm AEST.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received
Agency applications will not be considered.
Ausgrid An Equal Opportunity Employer