We are currently seeking an experienced and highly driven Accounts Payable Officer to join a close-knit and dynamic team. Conveniently located at Southbank and close to public transport, this role will report to the Accounts Payable Manager and will suit a highly motivated individual, who thrives in a fast paced environment. If this sounds like you then read on..
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure all required tasks as directed by the Accounts Payable Manager are completed accurately and efficiently as well as provide support to the rest of the Finance team.
Ideally, you will have at least 3 years experience in an accounts payable position, possess very strong attention to detail and a natural ability to communicate well at all levels, both internally and externally.
What will your role involve
- Management of the Accounts Payable Inbox
- Processing daily payments, including urgent payments
- Reconcile statements
- Reconcile and process various payments
- Corporate credit card management
- Prepare weekly monthly and ad-hoc reports
- Maintain up to date, accurate systems data
- Complete filing and other tasks as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager
What skills & experience are we looking for
- Minimum 3 years experience in an Accounts Payable position or relevant position
- Experience in the shipping / logistics industry will be highly regarded but is not essential
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Personable and cooperative attitude
Please note: Applicants that we select to interview will be contacted within 2 weeks of receiving an application. Applicants that do not hear from us within this timeframe can assume their application has been unsuccessful.
Please note as part of our recruitment process, the successful candidate will be required to complete a national police check.
No Agencies please.
The Seaway Group of Companies is an Australian owned Shipping Agency & Logistics Company with offices across Australia, New Zealand and China.
We specialise in all areas of supply chain management including Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road/Rail Transport, Dry/Cold Warehousing and all forms of cargo. In addition, we are the Australian agents for first class principals Hegh Autoliners and Marfret.
Seaway is a progressive business with a friendly, energetic team and culture. We are focused on providing pathways for success through active management and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, supportive and professional organisation.