At the Town of Mosman Park, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to become our Administration Officer supporting Ranger Services. This role will suit a person with a positive and inclusive communication style and strong relationship skills.
Mosman Park is located approximately 14km from Perth and a stones throw from Fremantle. Nestled between Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; we are uniquely positioned between the picturesque Indian Ocean and the beautiful shores of the Swan River.
We are a small and vibrant local government, focused on connecting with our close-knit community between river and sea.
Each day, we are encouraged to work with purpose and passion so that together, we can shape the future of our Town and make a remarkable difference to our community. Were seeking a fresh, new face with the curiosity and ambition to deliver great things for the Town and our residents.
By joining us, youll have access to amazing lifestyle benefits and entitlements to help you achieve your full potential:
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements (ability to spread working hours across Monday-Friday)
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport
Things you'll love:
- Working for an organisation that supports you every step of the way
- Being part of a place that genuinely values a work/life balance
- Working alongside a friendly and motivated group of people
- The feeling of being valued, respected and having equal access to opportunities
- Part time, permanent opportunity (working 45.6 hours per fortnight)
- Immediate commencement
The Administration Officer provides efficient and effective administrative support to the Ranger Services team to ensure the Towns obligations and responsibilities to residents under relevant State legislation and Council Local Laws are met and liaises with other Business Units within the organisation as required.
You set a high benchmark for excellence and performance supported by your exceptional communication skills and a desire to exceed expectations. You liaise with internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner and proactively contribute to the organisational culture in a positive way.
- Sound knowledge of, and an ability to interpret, relevant Acts, Regulations and Local Laws pertaining to Local Government.
- Sound customer service focus with a high standard of interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed communications skills (including written and verbal).
- Well-developed conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- An ability to follow and implement directions and procedures with minimal personal supervision.
- Sound time management skills with the ability to prioritise work in a busy work environment.
- Proficiency in using a range of integrated technology and high level computer skills including word processing, document management, and website and database management skills.
- Positive attitude and strong team work ethic.
- Previous experience in a similar role in local government and/or law enforcement would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of the Fines Enforcement Registry would also be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of IT Vision SynergySoft
Work related requirements
The recruitment process requires preferred applicant(s) to obtain a police clearance and undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol assessment.
To be eligible for appointment, it is essential to have Australian citizenship, New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status.
For more information, contact Hannah Young, Manager People and Culture on 9383 6600 or visit https://www.mosmanpark.wa.gov.au/work/employment/
How to apply:
To be considered for the role, applicants are expected to submit the following:
- Written application including resume, cover letter and the Selection Criteria Questionnaire which addresses some of the key Selection Criteria Questionnaire.
Salary Range on Officer: $45,549 - $53,060 per annum pro rata (dependent on level of experience)
Closing date: 9am, Tuesday 6 April 2021
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to the closing date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.