Snippet: Are you an Australian or New Zealand passport holder looking for a sea change We have an exciting opportunity for a Crane Operator / Rigger / Truck Driver in Guam.
About the business
Smithbridge is a leading Guam construction subcontractor that has been providing integrated construction solutions to military and private clients since 1992. With the largest fleet of cranes and heavy equipment for hire on the island, Smithbridge are a multi-discipline contractor with civil, structural and mechanical engineering and construction capabilities ready to deliver any job, anywhere, any time. From our own quarry in Yigo, Smithbridge Guam produce high quality aggregate and construction materials along with the supply of ready-mix concrete and precast concrete design and production.
Smithbridge Guam is a part of the Smithbridge Group of companies, which is a privately owned family business with an annual turnover of approximately $120m and staff of 800. Operating Universal Cranes throughout Australia, Auckland Cranes in New Zealand, and Smithbridge Guam in the Micronesian Islands, the group has a 50 year history of delivering innovative construction solutions. We are experiencing unprecedented growth and are seeking to expand our capabilities and services to support our Guam operations. We can offer the right candidate:
- A dynamic working environment
- Competitive rates of pay
- Career development
About the role
Please Note: This is not a FIFO position.
We are seeking Australia and / or New Zealand passport holders looking for an opportunity for a sea change. This role is based on the island of Guam and the successful candidate will be expected to transfer to Guam on an annually renewable contract for lengths of 12 months.
Reporting to the Crane and Heavy Equipment Manager, the role of Crane Operator /Rigger /Truck Driver will see the successful candidate working in our Guam team and will be responsible for operating cranes, riggering and truck driving.
Skills and experience
Candidates must have current Australian or New Zealand qualifications and be prepared to undertake practical training and written examinations to US National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) standards prior to deployment. Practical NCCCO examinations will be conducted in Guam.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes: (Australian terminology referred to NZ equivalent is acceptable)
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in operating large capacity mobile cranes
- Open Crane Licence (C0) NCCCO qualified would be a plus
- Heavy Combination Truck Licence (HC)
- Elevated Work Platform (EWP)
- Intermediate Rigging Ticket (RI)
- Working at Heights (WAH)
- Confined Space Ticket
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Maturity and ability to deal with multi-site, multi-cultural teams
This role will be based in Guam and the successful candidate will be required to relocate. As part of the job offer, Smithbridge Guam will provide:
- Return airfare from Australia and / or New Zealand (as part of the initial 12 month contract)
- Accommodation in a fully furnished apartment (meals not provided)
- Company vehicle suitable to your position (for work use)
- Guam mobile phone with remote internet connection
- Medical Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- 4 weeks Annual Vacation Leave per annum
- 11 days paid Public Holidays per annum
- 5 days Sick Leave per annum
- All overtime (after 8hrs / week day) paid at time and a half.
- The ordinary full time hourly wage will vary between US $20 per hour for a qualified junior person to US $25 per hour for a qualified tradesperson level (5 years experience) person to US $30 per hour for a qualified supervisor level person.
Successful candidates will also be subject to the following additional requirements as part of the role:
- The ability to pass pre-employment Medical and Drug & Alcohol Testing
- Police Check and other Visa requirements
Applications close 9th April 2021