Fixed term position, Modern and flexible work environment, Iconic Australian industry.
Meat & Livestock Australias (MLA) purpose is to foster the long-term prosperity of the Australian red meat and livestock industry. We achieve this by delivering world-class research, development and marketing outcomes that benefit the Australian red meat and livestock industry and in turn, the community. The outcome of what we do, through collaboration with our stakeholders, contributes to producer profitability, sustainability and global competitiveness.
Based in our North Sydney office, we are seeking an experienced and talented Market Reporting Analyst to join our Marketing and Insights team on a 6 month fixed term contract.
The primarily responsible for the day-to-day transformation of livestock transaction and supply data into timely, accurate market performance reporting
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with Livestock Market Officer (LMO) field staff in facilitating daily submission of report data and commentary
- Direction of geographically dispersed team accepting and proof reading of livestock market reports
- Managing the publication and distribution of reports to industry participants and media partners
- Generating, loading and reviewing content to the MLA Prices and Markets web based services.
- Triage of operational (and technical) issues
- Liaise with industry participants to facilitate a wide range of disparate transaction and data inflows, including the collection of weekly slaughter statistics.
- Compilation and publishing of MLA Market Information specialty reports.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of final reports to subscribers.
- Leverage the close interaction with transaction and supply data to identify trends, cycles and events.
- Contribute to MLA projects and major publications as Market Data subject matter expert
- Add to the industry body-of-knowledge through contribution of commentary, numerical and graphical analytics to weekly Price & Markets newsletter
- Completion of ISO control sheets
- Support the design and deployment of data collection, analytical and reporting technologies
- Identify and champion opportunities for process improvement
- Active promotion of existing and developing service offerings to industry
Desired Skills and Experience
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience responding to customer queries and requests
- High levels of self-motivation, time management and project organising skills as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to meet strict deadlines without fail
- An understanding of the meat and livestock industry with knowledge of the production and processing sectors
- Experience in data collection, structure and retrieval
- Research and market analysis
- Proficient to advanced MS Excel skills
Qualifications & Accreditation
Tertiary qualifications in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural/Animal Science, Agricultural Technology, Agribusiness, Economics or Commerce
Why work for MLA
We aim to provide a modern and flexible work environment for our employees, complimented by benefits that promote overall employee wellbeing, including salary packaging, wellbeing events , rewards and recognition and a fun culture driven by our social club.
Interested Apply now via the link below to view the full position description. I
Applications close: 9 April 2021
Candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advertisement.