Neater Constructions (Q) Pty Ltd is an ISO 9001and AS/NZS 4801 certified company, operating across Far North Queensland with a focus on high quality commercial and residential projects. Our MD Nominee Licence has 45 years industry experience, having developed a network of key clients and a solid reputation for transparency, accountability, innovation and quality. Our clients include Local, State and Commonwealth Governments, major engineering firms, private developers, large corporate investors and multilevel building managers. We have a huge diversity of successfully completed projects ranging from aged care facilities, commercial constructions, luxury residences to corporate fit outs and multilevel building facade refurbishments.
Neater is an Equal Opportunity Employer founded on values of Performance, Quality and Respect. We take pride in selecting the right people and offer professional support and continuous career development opportunities to ensure that our people are successful and driven specialists in their field.
About the role
We have a vacancy for an experienced Building Estimator to join our Cairns Team. Successful candidates must be an Australian Resident, have a demonstrated ability in equivalent position within the Australian Building Industry, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail and present with confidence in front of clients, suppliers, subcontractors, key stakeholders and internal management alike.
Key Estimating duties include: risk assessment; scoping trade packages; preparation and ongoing management of BOQ's; pricing of all trades including preliminaries; programming scope of works using MS Project; accurate assessment and comparison of quotations; preparation and submission of quotations; tender evaluation, negotiation and reference; cost analysis and budget management. You will work closely with the Contracts Administration team and Construction Manager, attending sites on a regular basis. You will be collaborative, personable and proactive in your approach.
These essential skills will be required on both fully and partially documented tenders under design and construct or construct only contracts. To apply for this role, you will preferably have the ability to:
- Prepare accurate and timely estimates, quotations and project trade packages; including material lists and MS construction programs
- Produce high quality weighted non-price criteria project tender information and quotation documentation for Government building projects
- Provide a level of supervisory services in respect to the delivery of construction, maintenance and upgrade work undertaken
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of projects through the efficient supervision and development of office staff, field staff and subcontractors
- Coordinate and undertake the delivery of a high-quality condition assessment services
- Undertake corrective surveying inspection services
- Master of Infrastructure and Construction Management will be highly regarded
- Associate or Bachelor's Qualification in Building and Quantity Surveying
- Proficient in software packages Databuild; CostX; MS Excel and MS Project
- Minimum 5+yrs.' building and construction estimating experience
- Commercial construction experience will be highly regarded
- Experience with QMS and OHS Management Systems on construction sites will be highly regarded.
An attractive salary package is offered, commensurate with all relevant qualifications and experience or an hourly rate paid if desired.
To apply for this position, please email you current CV and Cover Letter.