Western Australias $1.6 billion Railcar Program, Work on the railcar program with METRONET from the beginning, 2 year Fixed Term Contracts.
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
We have been awarded a contract to deliver for Western Australias $1.6 billion Railcar Program. As part of the project we will design, manufacture and maintain 246 new railcars needed for METRONET projects and the replacement of the A-series trains. We will also deliver 6 DMU railcars to replace the Australind service between Perth and Bunbury.
We are currently seeking 6x Test Technicians for executing Train level validation activities in accordance with company internal rules, project needs and our clients contract requirements.
The Test Technicians will write the Train test procedures, additionally to carrying out type, validation, or investigation tests. These roles define and implement the most appropriate means of testing, develop test operating modes and analyse test results.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Preparing the tests and equipment for testing, for timely execution of the test program.
- Participating in the design and the development of the tools necessary for performing the tests.
- Implementing, verifying (functional), and ensuring compliance (calibration) of the measuring equipment in time for testing.
- Validating that the applied configuration and prerequisite testing allows the testing to proceed.
- Consistent application of EHS rules, particularly implementing LockOut-TagOut instructions.
- Supervising test activities and analysing the live test results.
- Manage the data analysis of test results, by writing static and dynamic test reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required include:
- Qualification in Electrical or Industrial Systems OR Electrical Trade certificate.
- A Grade Electrical licence.
- Preferred experience in rail, including testing/validation of rolling stock and its subsystems
- Experience in defining, creating and maintaining test benches.
- Be flexible, adaptable and innovative - adapt to new ideas and environments; and able to work flexible shifts.
- Competitive rates for Perth based position
- 40 hour per week, with overtime and penalties
- 2 yearfixed term contracts
- Work on the railcar program with METRONET from the beginning
- Brand new facility at Bellevue
- Global company with ongoing Learning & Development
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people with disability and other minority groups to apply.
We recognise that embracing flexibility & inclusivity is the smarter way of working. Please speak with us about your individual needs or if any workplace adjustments are required.