Full time or Part-time position, Positive and professional work culture, Specialist medical practice.
Exciting Full-time or Part-time opportunity to be the Practice Manager of a Medical Specialist Practice in the Cairns city.
Your new employer
Your new position is with a leading medical specialist practice in the Cairns CBD. The doctors are regional leaders in their field of expertise and the private practice is the only one of its kind within the Far North Queensland Region. This is a friendly and professional team-environment, where your dedication and hard work is valued by the whole team.
The Medical Specialist Practice has 2 doctors, most of their work is referred privately and consist of mainly day surgeries.
Your new role
This busy role will predominantly overlook the day to day operations of the practice ensuring staff efficiency in processing referrals (bookings & invoicing), processing completed procedural reports, billings, attending to the daily recall lists as it falls due, monitoring referral volumes, and continuously improving relationships with clients (referrers) to drive growth.
- Implement programs and procedures to improve operations efficiency
- Staff hiring and continuous on-the-job training for staff.
- Manage overall operations of the practice's business functions (eg payroll, accounts receivable and debtors, accounts payable, etc)
- Manage staff roster and practice inventory
- Marketing and promotion of the practice. This involves the PM and Drs visiting practices and seeing other GPs and their PMs regularly.
- Manage small office vehicle fleet
- Manage issues pertaining to the accommodation of visiting Drs or locums
- Highly comfortable with technologies involved in running a modern specialist medical practice (eg medical software)
- Attention to details and possess strong numerical skills
- Flexibility and ability to learn new skills in an evolving world with unpredictable challenges (ie a Pandemic)
- Comfortable in using soft skills such as marketing and cultivating professional relationships with our referring practices.
- Able to effectively manage relationships with staff, doctors, patients, suppliers and important customers (our referring GPs and Drs)
- Able to assist in performing minor non-invasive office investigations such as Capsule Endoscopy once training is complete.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role you will need solid all-around administration skills, management experience with excellent time management and problem solving skills. Previous experience working in similar position at a busy medical (or dental) practice. You need to be well presented with strong communication and customer service skills. You will thrive in a busy environment and can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously whilst maintaining a calm and respectful demeanour. Medical industry experience and knowledge of medical terminology will be highly regarded.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing team, work and learn in a supportive and caring environment. This is an industry leading practice that truly values its staff. Great hourly rate depending on your skill set, experience, and qualification.
If you have the experience and personal qualities required for this position, please submit your application today. All applications and conversations regarding this position will remain confidential.