Exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Officer to join the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of WA.
This role is reporting to the General Secretary (CEO) and working closely with various teams within the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth.
This is a Six (6) Month Maximum-Term, Part-time (0.6 FTE) opportunity, with the possibility of extension.
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Providing a comprehensive service that effectively supports the conduct of Committee and Commission meetings
- Organising practicalities of meetings including venues and catering
- Timely preparation of agenda and associated documents using the BoardEffects program,
- Ensuring that minutes are efficiently and effectively recorded using the BoardEffects program.
- Maintaining/monitoring resolutions/required actions and other records associated with committee/commission meetings and prepare reports as required.
- Contributing to, and assisting with, the maintenance of high professional standards at the governance and management levels
- Accurately maintaining governance information including legislation, policies, procedures, and associated documents include those required under legislation.
- Providing general administrative support and providing cover for reception.
For a copy of the full Position Description for the role head to our website- https://unitingchurchwa.org.au/ [link removed]
As part of a small team, the Administration Officer (Governance) will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work in a team environment, excellent communication skills, effective time management skills and the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
They must have knowledge of and experience of supporting boards/committees and the ability to handle confidential information.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
The closing date for applications is 9 April 2021 at 5pm, however we will be commencing shortlisting immediately and recommend you submit your application as soon as possible. We reserve the right to close applications prior to the closing date. To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you believe you are the best candidate for this specific role together with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Advisor,
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.