Local Motor Group (LMG) is a dynamic and evolving Tasmanian based automotive company which sells, services and finances quality new, demo and used vehicles. We employ almost 400 Tasmanians at 15 automotive dealership locations across the state.
Our Hobart Mitsubishi & Kia Dealership, centrally located on Brisbane Street, is a busy site which offers convenient, quality servicing of new and used vehicles completed by qualified, factory trained technicians, using state of the art technology and genuine parts, supported by a knowledgeable and experienced Service Centre team.
Were passionate about exceeding expectations and providing our customers with outstanding service and value on every dealership visit.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Due to an increase in service department bookings, we have a need to add to our Service team! Hence, we have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and experienced customer service professional to join our busy, friendly Hobart Mitsubishi & Kia Service team in the customer facing role of automotive Service Advisor.
This position is responsible for organising service bookings and liaising with guests, costing and invoicing repairs and working closely with the workshop and parts department staff.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Greeting guests on arrival at the dealership's service department;
- Booking and managing guest appointments;
- Communicating vehicle symptoms and fault rectifications to guests in a manner which can be easily understood;
- Obtaining accurate parts and labour prices for our guests;
- Encouraging our guests towards other service offerings where appropriate to their individual motoring needs;
- Keeping each guest up to date on the servicing of their vehicle;
- Handling any guest complaints and ensuring prompt issue resolution;
- Provide support with completing warranty and costing clerk functions;
- Preparing invoices and closing allocated repair orders in a timely manner; and
- Ensuring our guests are provided with their recommended maintenance schedule for future service requirements.
- Experience in a Service Advisor role or equivalent customer service experience, preferably with an automotive background;
- Outstanding guest service and presentation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with proven time management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Office applications;
- A valid manual driver's licence; and
- Previous experience as a Service Advisor, a strong knowledge of motor vehicles and familiarity with the brands we represent will be highly regarded.
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
- Guaranteed salary + superannuation + opportunity to earn commissions
- Stability of a permanent full-time position with the security of a substantial, well-established Tasmanian company
- Numerous opportunities for career growth & progression
- A collaborative and supportive team environment that is committed to helping you grow your abilities to succeed and to help our team deliver outstanding customer service
- Modern, comfortable dealership environment and great team culture
Your attention to detail, reliability and true customer-focused attitude will play a major role in achieving success. If you are a customer-centric professional, with a passion for delivering exceptional customer service and are seeking your next busy but rewarding career opportunity, we would love to hear from you - please apply now!
This position is available for immediate filling.
- We conduct reference checking & AFP Criminal record checks
- Applicants who do not have the required skills and/or experience will not be considered
- Applicants must be physically in Australia and must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold a permanent residency Visa
- We are an equal opportunity employer, supporting gender equality, and workplace diversity
Only those candidates who have the required skills and experience will be shortlisted and contacted as to the status of their application.