Long term role with great career opportunities, Build a career to be proud of, Make a difference every day.Company description:
- Long term role with great career opportunities
- Build a career to be proud of
- Make a difference every day
You are looking for a new exciting career or may have experience in a correctional environment. You are motivated and ready to take the opportunity. You will be working and creating a culture of openness, trust and transparency coupled with your focus on living and instilling our values, while promoting equality and removing barriers to diversity will ensure you succeed in this role. You also have strong communication skills and are respectful with a commitment and passion for the on-going rehabilitation working towards making a positive difference to the lives of the people in our care.
About the Role
The key purpose of the Employment, Scheduling & Remuneration Officer is to schedule and remunerate inmates for their employment within the Clarence Correctional Centre. You will also be responsible for processing job appointments in the relevant systems, collating all inmate attendance sheets, populating inmate hours in appropriate systems, ensure inmates remuneration is reflective of their hours worked and working closely with the Job Centre Facilitator to communicate any employment vacancies
You will play an integral role in promoting rehabilitation and reintegration, ensuring the safety and security in the centre and the community, and provide a safe and respectful environment to everyone in the centre.
To be successful in this role you will
- Hold a Diploma in HR or Business or relevant experience in a similar role Certificate IV in Correctional Practice (Case Management) (or to be completed within the first 12 months of employment)
- Demonstrate experience in performing a range of administrative high-level functions, including the compilation of data and maintaining accurate records
- Demonstrate experience in maintaining computerised and manual information and / or recording systems
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of HRIMs or equivalent
- Demonstrate a commitment to Sercos values and the rehabilitation process
- Demonstrate a competent level of computer literacy, advanced level in Microsoft Excel and report writing
- Demonstrate proficient interpersonal and communications skills
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical behaviour
We have been operating correctional services in Australia for almost 15 years. As a prison operator, safety and security is always our first priority and the new Clarence Correctional Centre is no exception. Newly opened in mid-2020, this 1,700-bed state-of-the-art facility is the largest correctional centre in Australia.
At Serco, youll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people delivering essential services on behalf of governments and organisations around the world. We apply world's best practice, insights and technology across six key sectors: Citizen Services, Defence, Healthcare, Immigration, Justice and Transport. But no matter your role or where youre based, we each share the same goal to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. To learn more please visit www.graftonserco.com.au
About NSW Mid-North Coast
Located on the beautiful NSW Mid-North Coast approx. 6 hours drive from Sydney and 4 hours from Brisbane our region offers rainforests, epic headlands, sand dunes and some of the best Australian beaches with a variety of multi-cultural cafes, restaurants and friendly community towns. Our region has something to offer everyone from trail walks in National Parks, ocean adventures, sporting, relaxation and a vibrant culture. With recent Pacific Highway upgrades and investment in infrastructure, and with affordable housing and access to good schools and recreation options, you can select the ideal community location for your next career move with your family. Our closest communities are Grafton set on the Clarence River or if you are looking for that beach lifestyle consider Yamba, Woolgoolga, or Coffs Harbour with additional smaller beach communities along the way that all offer something unique.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.
Serco values ofTrust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website