ABOUT OUR BUSINESS:
- Hobart Mitsubishi & Kia is part of the Local Motor Group (LMG)
- Our Service Workshop is one of our largest and busiest workshops across the state, well supported by both new guests to the dealership as well as our highly valued loyal, repeat customers
- We have a need to add to our team in response to the increasing popularity of the range of models we sell and service
Our Hobart Mitsubishi & Kia Dealership, centrally located on Brisbane Street, is a busy site which offers convenient, quality servicing of new and used vehicles completed by qualified, factory trained technicians, using state of the art technology and genuine parts, supported by a knowledgeable and experienced Service Centre team.
Were passionate about exceeding expectations and providing our customers with outstanding service and value on every dealership visit
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Hobart Mitsubishi & Kia Service Centre has an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced automotive technician (mechanic) to join our highly trained service workshop team, working with two of Australias most popular and affordable brands, highly respected for the range and quality of vehicle models on offer, boasting impressive safety, design and technological features. We're looking for a Technician who has a passion for the industry, an eye for detail, is reliable, trustworthy and a strong team player who is interested in joining a leading workshop team.
- Receiving customer vehicles, prioritising and completing job tasks within the specified timeframe as per the repair order and brand requirements
- Conducting all vehicle servicing, repairs, documentation and road tests in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with dealership and manufacturer requirements
- Maintaining all equipment, tools and work bays in accordance with safe work practices
- Taking all necessary precautions to prevent damage or loss to dealer and customer owned vehicles
- Participation in ongoing technical service and repairs training and development as required
- Certified Automotive Technician with relevant industry experience
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, diagnostic and continuous improvement capabilities
- Ability to follow instructions and work well both unsupervised and as a strong team player
- A well developed, up-to-date knowledge of the automotive industry, its products, services and innovative technology
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize work schedules and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a busy workshop with a strong focus on productivity, efficiency, customer satisfaction and safety
- Well-presented and professional, punctual and reliable, responsive and adaptive
- Hold a current unrestricted TAS Drivers Licence
Experience with vehicle diagnostics and the Mitsubishi and/or Kia brands (or other brands represented by the LM Group) is preferred and will be viewed favourably.
WHAT'S ON OFFER:
You'll be rewarded for your success in the role with:
- A salary package negotiated in accordance with your skills, experience and qualifications - including above award base pay rate + superannuation + the opportunity to earn bonus incentives
- Comfortable, modern and well-equipped workshop complete with the very latest diagnostic equipment, specialist tools and genuine parts
- Excellent working conditions, a great team culture and the opportunity to work with a leading brand
- The opportunity to constantly upgrade your industry knowledge and work skills
- A range of employee benefits and career development opportunities with the financial security of a substantial, well-established company
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated high performer, with a keen appetite to develop a successful career with a dynamic and evolving Tasmanian-based automotive company.
LMG is an innovative and expanding company which sells and services quality new, demo and used vehicles from 15 dealerships across the State. We represent 15 desirable automotive brands and proudly employ over 380 Tasmanians who work hard to ensure customer satisfaction and our company's success. We invest heavily in training, support, systems, technology and equipment to ensure our multi franchise automotive Group offers unparalleled sales and service experiences to our valued customers.
- We conduct reference checking & AFP Criminal record checks
- Applicants who do not have the required skills and/or experience will not be considered/shortlisted
- Applicants must be physically in Australia and must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold a permanent residency Visa
- We are an equal opportunity employer, supporting gender equality, and workplace diversity
This position is available for immediate filling.
Only those candidates who can demonstrate their suitability to the role will be shortlisted and contacted as to the status of their application.