Senior level role to join our Newcastle based team, Work on meaningful, diverse projects that help create vibrant communities, Full time or part-time work from home, flexible working arrangements.
About the business and the role
Mara Consulting is seeking an experienced consultant in community and stakeholder engagement, consultation, and strategic communications to join our team.
The successful candiate will work across a range of infrastructure, water, resources, transport, government, place-making, urban design, education, development and renewable projects.
This role is based in Newcastle, NSW and can be offered with various employment options. Ideally, it will be offered as a full-time permanent ongoing position. Currently, the team is working remotely, however we will be moving into back into an office environment this year, with flexible arrangements available.
At Mara, we are committed to creating and engaging with communities. We are an award-winning regionally based consultancy providing specialist advice and services across sectors, private, government and not-for-profit, with projects across Australia, Canada, and Pacific regions.
Sectors we work in including infrastructure, transport, water, resources, renewables and energy, government, property, and housing.
Our services include social and visual impact assessments, strategic communication, consultation and engagement, urban design, landscape architecture and environmental planning.
We are looking for someone who is pro-active, solutions focussed and responsible for providing communication and stakeholder engagement advisory and consulting services. You will be a highly focused and driven person who is passionate about contributing to the successful delivery of our projects - big and small.
(selection criteria to be addressed in application with examples)
- At least 7+ years experience in stakeholder and community engagement, communication, social impact assessments (or similar field)
- Demonstrated experience working in consulting firms
- Ability to meet competing demands, delivering tasks and projects on time and on budget
- Proven track record in business development, leading projects, and project management
- Experience planning, developing, and implementing consultation and engagement activities across sectors, public and private
- Preparing communication materials such as communication plans, social media plans, newsletters, notifications, web content and other collateral
- Record of developing and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, and clients.
**Please ensure you address the above criteria in your cover letter for the position, giving examples of your experience in these areas.
- Personal- Self-driven, reliable, act with integrity, honest, flexible, be a team player, value diversity, self-manage
- Relationships Communicate effectively, work collaboratively, be respectful of others
- Outcomes Deliver results, plan, and prioritise, solve problems, focus on high quality work, accountable, attention to detail
- Technology- Relevant experience in Adobe suite and Microsoft office software applications as well web-based applications. Relevant experience online platforms such as Consultation Manager and Social Pinpoint is desirable.
- Tertiary qualification in social science, engagement, communications or other relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Drivers licence
- Completion of IAP2 certification.
How to apply
To continue the conversation click 'Apply for this job' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria.
If you are a highly motivated and dynamic individual, who is passionate about working with clients to deliver exceptional services, get in touch.