Join a high performing fleet category procurement team, Work closely across multiple government agencies, Make a difference to the people of NSW.
- Join a dedicated, supportive, and high performing fleet category procurement team
- Work closely across multiple government agencies
- Make a difference to the people of NSW
- Be a key internal and external change maker
Why NSW Treasury
NSW Treasury leads the economic, jobs and investment conversation across New South Wales (NSW). From its position at the centre of government, Treasury drives the economic development strategy to guide the States growth for the benefit of the people who live, work and study in NSW. Its work includes boosting trade, investment and tourism, developing industry, supporting jobs growth, improving service delivery to the community and increasing living standards, now and into the future.
Were committed to building a culture of highly engaged and talented people, all working together in a collaborative and high-performance culture that facilitates career mobility and diversity. Our culture is underpinned by the NSW Public Sector core values of Excellence in Service, Integrity, Accountability and Trust and a clear set of expected behaviours.
NSW Procurement is a world class organisation supporting government agencies to meet business outcomes, maximise value for money and create a competitive NSW economy. We provide innovative procurement services and solutions through consultancy and advisory services, category management, analytical support, analysis and guidance, and access to procurement enabling technologies.
Primary purpose of the role
As a Category Specialist within NSW Procurement, you will develop and implement components of strategic category plans for nominated categories in Goods and Services (Fleet) in line with the procurement lifecycle, through collaboratively working with key Government and industry stakeholders, to ensure the achievement of NSW Government procurement objectives.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Relevant qualifications and/or procurement experience in the fleet management/fleet leasing sector.
- A successful track record in category management covering either / or contract negotiation, supplier performance management and risk mitigation in the fleet management/fleet leasing sector.
- Completion or Commitment to complete the NSWP Procurement Certification Training Program.
Click here for role description
To be eligible to apply for ongoing employment within NSW Treasury, candidates must be an Australian citizen or have the status of permanent residency in Australia.
A talent pool may be created through this recruitment process. A talent pool represents a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.
How to Apply!
Submit your application ONLY via the I Work for NSW jobs platform. Click on the Apply Online button on the advertisement. Accept the redirection to NSWConnect and then click on the Apply Now button to then complete your application process.
Please ensure you read the role description thoroughly before applying.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter which explains your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
- An up-to-date resume detailing your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the role.
- Response to the following question in the space allocated in the online application
- In 250 words, describe a time where you successfully negotiated with a supplier/s that delivered cost savings and/or a value-add solution. What was the situation What was your role How did you engage stakeholders What did you find most challenging to overcome
Applications close: AEST 9:59am Friday, 26 March 2021.