- Aviation industry
- Cairns Head Office Location
- Opportunity to join a growing company
Who We Are
Skytrans has a long and distinguished history of flying within Queensland, with the head office based in Cairns. With a high performing customer focused team, our turboprop fleet take to the skies each day with pride and professionalism, supporting the needs of the communities within regional, remote and outback Queensland and the Torres Strait.
As Queenslands leading regional aviation operator, we are committed to delivering the highest level of safety whilst ensuring excellent customer service for all our passengers via our regular public transport routes, resource sector and government sector charter services.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated and experienced aircraft parts procurement officer passionate about ensuring the most cost-effective solutions are achieved whilst ensuring all airworthiness compliance requirements are met. You have the ability to negotiate with suppliers, communicate effectively at all levels within a supply chain process in the pursuit of the primary objective of delivery in full and on time. Accurate and timely Invoice administration for parts supply and cost from aircraft maintenance providers is an essential element of the role as is facilitating quotation processes. You have attention to detail, are able to work independently and take ownership of problems driving the required outcomes. It is essential that you are able to work effectively as part of an integrated team ensuring consistent outcomes.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Continuous Airworthiness Manager, the role is offered on a full-time basis in Cairns and is primarily responsible for sourcing aircraft parts and the associated management of inventory, supply chain logistics, invoice administration and compliance records. This entails:
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure required stock quantities are maintained and available where required.
- Managing aircraft part shortages as they eventuate.
- Performing regular inventory reconcile and coordination of scheduled stocktakes.
- Managing aircraft components, remove and fit record transactions.
- Managing aircraft component repair cycle processes.
- Managing aircraft component/parts warranty recovery.
- Maintaining and nurturing effective relationships with suppliers.
- Maintaining compliance by ensuring required documentation accompanies parts and materials.
- Managing aircraft component/parts loan requirements.
- Evaluating new suppliers.
- Providing afterhours support for part shortages.
- Managing surplus inventory.
- Reviewing, recommending approval or disputing invoices.
- Liaising with couriers for the management of shipments.
- Liaising with approved maintenance providers for the effective management of part shortages, ensuring the most current understanding of the status of shortage items is known.
- Driving continuous improvement internally and externally.
- Promoting safety awareness and a positive safety culture internally and externally.
What You Need to Succeed
- At least 2 years experience directly working in aircraft parts procurement.
- An understanding of airworthiness compliance and associated dependencies.
- Highly effective collaborative negotiations skills.
- The ability to be contactable and work outside of normal business hours for urgent part requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with suppliers and maintenance providers ensuring planned schedules are achieved.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills.
This is a rewarding role for the right person who brings innovation, enthusiasm and commitment, a person who thrives in the aviation industry. If that sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!!
You must be eligible to live and work in Australia as either a citizen or hold the appropriate visa.
You must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening test.
How to Apply:
Please note: Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia as either a citizen or permanent resident and be able to attend and successfully pass pre-employment and continuing medical, drug and alcohol pathology screening. Skytrans is committed to equal opportunity employment through fair recruitment practices.