Design change activities within strategy and transformation projects, Develop new cultural prototypes to support culture transformation, Leverage agile and human-centered design methodologies such as design thinking.
Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting team at Capgemini Group. At Capgemini Invent, we ideate and bring to life what's next for our clients by combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise. Our People & Organisation team prepare and support organisations, their leadership and their people to master the transition of people and organisations to the new world of Digital, AI and Automation.
The focus of your role:
As ‘Senior Consultant - Change Management' you will work across a variety of innovative change projects including HR transformation, workforce transition, operating model design, system transformation, and future of work. You will work closely with client stakeholders to understand their needs, build strong relationships and deliver effective change management approaches.
What you'll do:
- Prototype and iterate change solutions and interventions to drive long-lasting realisation of change supporting and/or leading client change journeys.
- Leverage agile and human-centered design methodologies such as design thinking, employee experience and behavioural science working on conception, design and implementation of workforce readiness diagnosis and transition.
- Develop new cultural prototypes to support culture transformation and new working paradigms.
- Accelerate change enablement utilising your experience in delivering a range of change management programs including cultural transformation, organisational design, HR transformation, workforce strategy design/transition and technology implementations
- Develop relationships with business stakeholders and leaders to drive leadership maturity ensuring their acceptance of the future state and sponsorship of the change across their teams.
- Design change activities within strategy and transformation projects, planning and moderating group workshops, efficiently linking the processes between business, strategy and IT.
What you'll bring:
- Core consulting skills including structured and analytical thinking, stakeholder management and the ability to maintain long term relationships with clients, verbal and written communication skills, collaboration with diverse teams.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in change management, having delivered change visions, change strategy, change impact assessment, communications planning and execution and training development.
- Demonstrated experience in change activities that drive stakeholder engagement, change acceptance, business readiness and adoption.
- Ability to understand the future state and empathise with the employee to understand what this means to the organisation and the people, and the ability to identify and plan the required change activities.
- Education, training and/or professional memberships in areas such as change management, agile delivery, design thinking or experience design.
- Experience in facilitating workshops and driving a structured and organised approach to change delivery.
- Experience delivering change on a technology transformation would be beneficial.
What happens next and what can we offer you
Passionate people are Capgemini's Ace of Spades - join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you'll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As "Architects of Positive Futures", Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups [email protected] and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP's (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious "A list" for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini's corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values - Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty - have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here [link removed] to listen to some of our employee's stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.