Join an amazing culture of passionate and driven people, Bring your creativity to work every day, 4-6 month contract (part-time).
Make-A-Wish is one of Australia's most trusted charities who partner with seriously ill children, their families and medical teams to grant wishes as unique as the children who imagine them. Wishes work to complement medical treatment, build resilience and bring hope at a time when the children and their families need it most.
Make-A-Wish currently have an opportunity for a creative Digital Design Lead to join their team on a parental leave contract for 4-6 months. This role will be 3 days per week, with the possibility of extending to 4 days at times.
A crucial role in the Marketing Digital and Engagement team (MD&E), the Digital Design Lead is the key creative designer for all branded digital design at Make-A-Wish. Producing innovative graphic and digital designs which have a high visual impact and help us communicate our brand with multiple audiences across all of our channels including digital outdoor, web and social. You will work alongside the brand designer to ensure that all Make-A-Wish brand touchpoints are cohesive and inspiring.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally and play an integral role in developing Make-A-Wish campaigns and collateral as well as working with staff, volunteers and business partners to create unique and inspiring on-brand digital in line with the Make-A-Wish Australia strategy.
This position requires a keen eye and flair for the creative as well as strong project management and technical capabilities. Your strong organisational skills will also come into play, as well as your collaborative and supportive style.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Delivering gold standard creative design for integrated Make-A-Wish campaigns and activations
- Taking design briefs from concept through to production, ensuring work is delivered on time and in budget with the highest quality standards
- Developing concepts, design and artwork across a variety of materials for internal and external communication
- Supporting the Brand design lead in managing an internal filing or digital asset management system
- Being an SME in all things ‘design’ and foster a broader culture of innovation and best practice across the group ie. Lunch & Learns
- Establishing effective working relationships to enable productive outcome with internal stakeholders.
- Effectively manage suppliers (including videographers, photographers, illustrators etc.) and outsourced activity in line with performance objectives.
- Providing graphic design and visual brand expertise to the MD&E team and the wider organisation, including volunteers.
Experience and Skills
- Strong knowledge of Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Creative suite
- Experience in visual design, photography, iconography, typography, animation and infographics
- Basic video editing and animation for digital channels
- Ability to communicate with a wide audience
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Empathetic and supportive nature
- Strong stakeholder management abilities
- High attention to detail
In return for your passion, positivity, and enthusiasm, you will be part of a high performing team who ensures what they create is fun and inspiring to enage everyone with Make-A-Wish.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child-safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone that joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety. Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.