Join a World Class Organisation, Help advance NSW Government international education priorities, Leverage your digital marketing skills to deliver engaging content.
Associate, Advocacy & Engagement (Grade 7/8)
- Join a World Class Organisation
- Support the Study NSW team to help advance NSW Government international education priorities
- Leverage your digital marketing skills to deliver engaging content and virtual events on social media channels
About Global NSW
The Global NSW strategy is about taking the best of NSW to the world by growing trade and investment opportunities and attracting world class industry capability. It builds on our strengths to position NSW globally in key priority sectors and fosters a globally connective innovation economy. It is anchored in a place-based approach with a focus on Precincts, sectors and industries to drive job creation and economic growth.
The Division and The Role
The Trade division manages the NSW Governments international Trade and Investment teams offshore, assists NSW businesses to succeed in international markets, supports the international education sector through Study NSW, manages NSWs international relationships and attracts global talent to the state.
We support trade and investment, through our expanding suite of offices in key international locations. Our international teams focus on growing exports by supporting NSW businesses reach their ideal offshore markets and attracting foreign direct investment into NSW for the Investment division to facilitate and ensure that investment is welcomed and retained.
Trade is jointly responsible for ensuring NSW remains globally competitive and invests in the industries and places that will ensure NSW remains a great place to live and work, not just now, but well into the future. Our goals, designed to create economic growth that benefits the citizens of NSW, include:
- Support NSW exporters to access international markets
- Attract international students and talent to the state
- Grow capital investment in NSW
- Position NSW globally and nationally for investment and trade growth
As the Associate, Advocacy & Engagement, youll collaborate broadly at all levels, and leverage technology, digital and social media tools and channels to develop, source, edit and publish digital, online and social media content, and drive delivery of virtual events aligned to agreed campaigns, events and initiatives.
The ideal candidate
- You are agile and resilient. You know how to develop, source, edit and publish digital, online, and social media content, manage communication channels, grow digital audiences, and drive delivery of virtual events in a dynamic environment of ongoing change.
- You are creative. You are a talented content writer capable of creating compelling email campaigns, social media content, web copy and events evidenced by data-driven insights and analytics for diverse target audiences.
- You are an effective collaborator. You are an adaptable communicator and collaborator who readily builds trust, and maintains effective partnerships, which you rely upon to drive measurable advocacy and engagement outcomes.
- You deliver. You analyse and distil complex online, digital, and social media communication channel data, and leverage from data-driven insights to improve channels, content, events, and SEO strategies.
- You are dynamic. You know how to tailor communications to a diverse and multilingual audience, and have experience engaging international students and education stakeholders.
- You are an early adopter. You remain at the forefront, abreast of, and capitalise on content and platform trends and insights to adapt to changing priorities, and deliver creative social media, communications, and marketing leadership.
Click here for the Role Description which provides details relating to the key capabilities of the role
Salary- Grade 7/8 ($97,443- $107,864) plus superannuation and leave loading
Our Commitment to Diversity
At NSW Treasury, we are committed to building a respectful workplace, appointing the best person for the role, and supporting diversity across all areas. We are on a journey to become more inclusive.
To be eligible to apply for employment within NSW Treasury, candidates must be an Australian citizen or have the status of permanent residency in Australia.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check and provide confirmation of academic qualifications prior to commencement.
A talent pool may be created through this recruitment process. A talent pool represents a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.
How to Apply!
Submit your application ONLY via the I Work for NSW jobs platform (Req10291). Click on the Apply Online button on the advertisement. Accept the redirection to nswconnect and then click on the Apply Now button to then complete your application process.
- Cover letter of no more than two pages outlining why you are interested in this opportunity, and how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role
- An up-to-date resume that details your knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the role
Applications close: AEST 9:59am Tuesday 6th April 2021