Level 3 $70,884 plus super-1 x FT permanent & 1 x FT contract until June 2022., Join an innovative, progressive, and diverse team with a strong community focus., Be a part of a collaborative workforce achieving positive community outcomes..
1 x FT permanent role & 1 x FT contract until June 2022. Join a diverse team in providing key administration and business support to respective units.
About the Company
The City of Marion is one of the largest Councils in South Australia, serving more than 92,000 residents in Adelaides southern suburbs. They offer our community 160 different services while maintaining over $1 billion in assets. They pride themselves on innovation, achievement, respect and integrity and the satisfaction of knowing the work they do is helping improve residents' lives in this thriving community.
The Business Support Officer will be required to undertake various administrative support duties and provide timely information to the Community Health and Safety Unit. Reporting to the Team Leader Community Safety, this fast-paced role will consist of managing workflows in relation to the issuing and enforcement of expiation notices. Data entry, reporting, database maintenance and preparing correspondence, as well as identifying opportunities for process improvements of administrative functions within legislative boundaries. You will be a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders seeking information and or assistance via phone, front counter and in writing, meaning daily communication with a variety of customers. In this diverse role, your administrative and business support will include completing all other duties as required by the Community Health and Safety Unit.
About the Person
The City of Marion are seeking highly competent administration professionals with prior experience performing a variety of tasks as part of a multi-skilled and dynamic work unit. Due to the nature of the role, you will be versatile, quick learning, proactive and have the ability to manage your time and workload appropriately in a fast-changing environment. Ideally, you will have experience with interpreting legislation and working with sensitive information where confidentiality is required.
- Sound communication, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in communicating with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- High level customer service skills.
- High level of computer literacy and experience.
- Experience in working with a range of technological software and databases.
- Knowledge of or to be able to rapidly obtain the knowledge of the Expiation of Offences Act, Australian Road Rules and Road Traffic Act and Private Parking Act (Desirable).
- Basic understanding of Dog and Cat Management Act and Local Nuisance and Litter Control Act (Desirable).
- Relevant qualifications in business administration (Desirable).
- Current Police Check.
Your commitment to displaying the values of the City of Marion Achievement, Innovation, Respect, and Integrity while delivering a quality customer experience to the community will make you a valued team member.
To support the future workforce of the City of Marion Council, we are seeking individuals who possess agility, resilience, empathy & IT competence.
Please note all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only, applications close 9am, Tuesday 6 April 2021.