TasRail is Tasmanias trusted provider of safe and dependable rail logistics solutions. We are committed to a culture of safety, integrity, respect and being remarkable. We strive to build a team of diverse, high performing individuals who are valued for their differences, opinions, innovations and commitment to safety and excellence.
About the Role
The Senior Project Manager is a significant leadership and delivery role within TasRail. This role will have accountability for the delivery of key infrastructure replacement projects beginning with the Burnie Shiploader and Hardstand. $40M+ projects have been identified as a crucial link in the future viability of TasRail and its customers. The Senior Project Manager will lead and manage a team of professionals to deliver a portfolio of projects in North-West Tasmania. The opportunity to oversee other TasRail projects is also likely.
The Senior Project Manager will contribute to a workplace safety culture that aspires to achieve the goal of zero harm by safely delivering a portfolio of projects. The Senior Project Manager will have the skills to deliver client-side project and program management for development of TasRail assets, operational plans, rail and infrastructure improvements.
This is a full-time fixed term position until June 2024.
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering, Project Management or similar field
- Extensive experience in the delivery of projects with budgets in excess of $20M in the rail, maritime or construction industries
- Proven ability to manage large, complex and public projects within budget, on-time and safely
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely, whilst leading a remote team
- Current drivers licence
1. Extensive rail, construction industry or technical experience supported by relevant tertiary qualifications
2. Demonstrated understanding of rail business and associated infrastructure construction methodologies
3. Professional project management skills in the rail or construction sectors with the proven ability to manage complex and high profile public projects
4. Demonstrated strategic conceptual and analytical skills including the capacity to manage the commercial, social and organisational environments affecting project delivery
5. Demonstrated contemporary leadership, change management and communication skills
6. Demonstrated professional stakeholder management capacity, including consultation with three tiers of Government, lobby groups, media and other interested parties
- Competitive salary package
- Company vehicle
- Free on-site parking
- Laptop & phone
- Ongoing professional development
- Novated leasing available
- Discounted gym membership & private health
How to Apply:
To express your interest to join Team TasRail, please submit your application via our advertisement on SEEK, providing:
- Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment medical and a national police check.
Applications close 11.59pm Wednesday 31st March 2021.
TasRail is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this vacancy.