McMichael and Associates is looking for a farm overseer for a Central Tablelands property situated 35km south of Bathurst NSW. The property consists of 2 different farms merged (totalling 2200 ha) running approximately 4500 Primeline breeding ewes, 200 Angus cows with a small amount of pasture rejuvenation.
- Executing the day-to-day operations of the farm in association with the property Manager and Owner
- Be familiar with the financial aspects of running a large-scale agricultural business and communicating closely with the Manager
- Able to work independently and efficiently whilst overseeing aspects of the property
- Proven ability and attention to detail to execute and follow the current farm program
- Skills in pasture improvement
- Strong knowledge in animal husbandry skills and ability to muster independently
- Basic mechanical and general maintenance knowledge
- Adhere to and cultivate an environment based on safe working practices and WH&S regulations
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Complete record keeping e.g. Stock movements, chemical use, and production data etc.
- Must have good working dogs (minimum 2)
- Current Firearms License and Drivers License
Rewards / Benefits:
There is an attractive remuneration package on offer, and a salary will be negotiable depending on experience. There is a well-kept, 4-bedroom weatherboard house with a separate office, as well as a ute provided for work purposes only. This position would be well suited to a family. The property is in close proximity to a major regional centre with good access to local schools.
Only candidates that feel they are suitable are encouraged to apply. Applicants that have no agricultural experience or are currently not in the country will not be considered for this role.