Airservices is a government owned organisation providing safe, secure, efficient and environmentally responsible services to the aviation industry.
Each year we manage over four million aircraft movements carrying more than 156 million passengers, and provide air navigation services across 11 per cent of the world’s airspace.
As the Investigative and Administrative Officer in the ANO team you will manage the day-to-day administration of the ANO office. This includes a range of liaison, coordination, administrative and organisational tasks, including managing records, correspondence tracking, organising schedules and travel bookings for the team, exercising financial responsibilities and coordinating the office’s regular reporting commitments.
Reporting directly to a Senior Advisor, you will also contribute to the effective and balanced investigation and administrative review of Airservices’ and Defence’ management of aircraft noise issues. You will deal directly with complaints received by the office and support the Ombudsman’s direct engagement and consultation with the community.
This role is being offered as a full time or part time opportunity.
The Investigative and Administrative Officer role requires a team player with great communications skills, who can:
- show a high level of initiative
- exercise sound judgment
- be highly responsive in acting on and responding to complaints and enquiries
- balance competing tasks with limited direction and maintain attention to detail
- demonstrate professionalism and integrity when engaging with stakeholders outside the ANO.
The ANO is a small and dynamic team of part-timers with a specialised ombudsman role. People enjoy working in this team because it offers variety and flexibility and the opportunity to make a difference.
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant will have:
- Substantial experience providing effective administrative and business support services
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the capability to adapt style to suit the requirements of the task
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines across a diverse range of competing tasks, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport and confidence with stakeholders at all levels
- Initiative in identifying areas for improvement in systems and processes
- The capability to undertake basic data analysis and to analyse and report on trends
An understanding of complaints handling processes and/or experience and knowledge of the aviation industry is desirable
Please see the link below to view the full Position Description:
How to Apply
To apply for this position please lodge an application online via the “apply link” attaching your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and how they relate to this role.
Applications close 11.55 pm (AEST), Sunday 4th April 2021.
Please refer to the security check requirements successful applicants will be required to undertake as part of the recruitment process.
Airservices values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
In the interests of safety, we test for alcohol and other drugs.