Professional Displays, New and emerging technologies, Developing and maintaining customer relationships.
Midwich is a leading global distributor of both audio visual solutions and unified communications and services, bringing over 40 years of unrivalled industry expertise.
If you are you a highly motivated sales individual searching for a specialised role in the audio visual industry Midwich has an exciting opportunity available for the right candidate.
We are seeking a vibrant and energetic business development manager to drive the growing opportunity within the professional display market of our rapidly expanding business.
Based in our Sydney office, this role will provide the successful candidate the chance to 'run your own race' and drive profitable growth linked directly to the vigorous digital signage, wayfinding, in-store displays and indoor and outdoor advertising.
Midwich has long-standing relationships with over 500+ vendors, including blue-chip organisations, and we proudly operate as the sole distributor for a number of brands in their respective product sets.
Parented in the U.K., Midwich has a presence across Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia and we pride ourselves on being the best that we can be, both for our clients and our valued staff, which numbers over 1,000 employees around the world and continues to grow.
Midwich has a large and diverse base of over 20,000 customers globally, most of who are professional AV integrators and IT resellers and plays an integral part in the design, installation and facilitation of AV solutions for businesses small and large across corporate, government, commercial, industrial and defence markets.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will be energetic, pro-active, highly motivated, commercially focused and not afraid to think outside the box.
You are excellent at developing and maintaining customer relationships with existing and targeted clients from a strong existing network of resellers and systems integrators.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a track record in sales (AV/ IT or associated technology desirable but not essential)
- Establish, implement, and develop business in the following channels:
- Audio visual and tier 2 resellers and systems integrators
- Traditional IT channel resellers
- Rental and/or staging production companies
- Digital media/signage/print houses in digital transitions
- IT/AV cable/security resellers.
- Embrace new and emerging technologies
- Possess strong organisation and time management skills with a high level of self-motivation
- Be a team player capable of achieving buy-in from a variety of stakeholders
- Have strong commercial skills
- Be able to manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the process
- Be a strong negotiator with effective influencing skills
- Be willing to travel nationally as required
Midwich offers a competitive salary commensurate with the skills, experience and qualifications of the candidate; a combination of base salary with a car component, computer, mobile phone and other equipment as required. In addition, we offer a generous commission and bonus scheme.