The Professors Confectionery Warehouse is a family-owned business, based in Castle Hill. With over fifteen years in business, we have expanded our range to over 3,500 products and send them all over Australia daily!
Our business operates as a unique blend of both retail and wholesale trade. We sell mainly via our online shop but also have our warehouse doors open to the public to shop directly on-site. So theres a nice blend of physical and online contact with our customers.
We are looking to add a new staff member to our warehouse team and seek someone energetic, enthusiastic, relatively fit and hardworking. This role is full-time with the hours being Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00 pm.
This role has become vacant due to another staff member taking maternity leave and therefore employment is on a 12 month / 14 month contract to be completed in April 2022.
This is a Traineeship where you will be paid (at full award rates, not trainee rates) to study, with paid in-work-hours study sessions. The study is only around an hour or two per week and is mandatory for the role, with completions typically happening within 12 months.
Your reward for consistent work and study will not only be that you will be paid to work in a friendly workplace (surrounded by confectionery!) but you will also complete with a Nationally recognised cert IIV for your CV (and we pick up the bill for your course!)
Applicants do not require any special experience for this role; we just need you to have a 'can-do' attitude, the desire to learn and the capability to comfortably lift between 15 - 20kgs, work on your feet for 8hrs a day and keep up to speed with the fast-paced nature of our warehouse. This is a perfect job for those who have just completed school and want to take their first steps into the workforce OR those who are looking to step away from the desk and be active!
As a Warehouse All-Rounder, your primary focus will be typical daily warehouse operations. However, you will also be involved in a range of other tasks that include face-to-face customer service.
The job will include, but not restricted too, the below tasks;
- Receiving and preparation for sale and/or display of goods
- Pre-packing or packing, weighing, assembling, pricing or preparing of goods or provisions or produce for sale
- Display, shelf filing, replenishing or any other method of exposure or presentation for the sale of good
- Entering and adjusting sales orders
- Wrapping or packing of goods for dispatch and the dispatch of goods
- Delivery of goods
- Loss prevention
- Incidental cleaning of office, warehouse, machinery and other surfaces
- Receipt, preparation, packing of goods for repair or replacement
- Customer Service in the form of face-to-face communications providing information and advice and assistance
- Sale of goods in person
- Receiving, arranging or making payments/cash handling
So if you are ready to work in a fast-paced environment and feel as though you have the capability to work a labour intensive position - Please apply.
- Please DO NOT CALL but please DO EMAIL with the subject "Full-Time Warehouse All Rounder", with a small blurb about yourself and why you are interested in the position, along with your resume (or contact details, availability, etc.)
- Applicants must be Australian citizens or a permanent resident.
- Please understand that we will only contact those candidates who are suitable/successful in making it to the next phase of the recruiting process.
We're super keen on welcoming a new member to our team; we will be making contact with suitable candidates ASAP, so please keep an eye on your email/phone!