Contribute to the safety culture of Victoria's largest road project to date!, Partner with contractors and NELP teams to achieve safety outcomes on our PPP!, 3 years fixed term - $124,033 to $165,938 + super & benefits!.
- Contribute to the safety culture of Victoria's largest road project to date!
- Partner with contracts and internal NELP teams to achieve safety outcomes on our PPP!
- 3 years fixed term - flexible working arrangements available - $124, 033 - $165, 938 + super & benefits!
About North East Link
The North East Link Project (NELP) will connect the missing link in Melbourne's freeway network, while increasing the capacity of the Eastern Freeway. It will slash travel times, get trucks off local roads and link key growth areas in the north and south-east.
About the opportunity
Be part of a transformative infrastructure project for Victoria, with an exciting role in the North East Link Project's Safety team.
As a Senior Safety Advisor at NELP, you will be inspired to manage activities undertaken by nominated project staff and construction partners throughout the project lifecycle for a specified package of works.
Day to day, you could go from monitoring and overseeing construction contractor safety performance, to leading the development and improvement of safety systems, managing auditing processes & requirements whilst simultaneously providing expert technical advice to various contractors, technical advisory services and internal NELP project teams in accordance with legislative requirements and the Department of Transport's policies and procedures. Most importantly, you will champion a positive safety culture and lead by way of example for all thing's safety at NELP!
Travel and time spent at a future site office (Bulleen, Heidelberg or Watsonia) will be requirement of this position. As a result, it is a requirement that all applicants have a full and current Victorian driver's licence.
- A safety professional with excellent people skills who demonstrates a genuine interest in the safety of others, who inspires their peers and colleges and who leads safety by example
- Experienced managing safety requirements on major engineering and construction projects, with a strong track record in working effectively with contract partners
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and auditing safety management systems and procedures (including preparing reports and providing recommendations for action)
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out safety inspections and safety monitoring
Our commitment to creating a workplace that inspires you, engages you and grows you is strong - we want you to be a powerful contributor to this wonderfully diverse and dynamic organisation. Our offering continues to grow but here is what we already have in store for you:
- Wellbeing program
- Annual salary increases and 17.5% annual leave loading
- Flexible work arrangements available (including ability to purchase additional leave)
- Team benefits discount card at a variety of restaurants and cafes
- Access to discounted public transport
How to apply
To apply please submit a tailored cover letter and CV via the Careers @ VIC Gov website.
Applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 4th April.
Our advertisement is only intended for individuals interested in employment with NELP. Recruitment agencies need not contact.
We believe in inclusiveness, diversity and equality and are committed to ensuring that our workplaces are a reflection of the Victorian community. We recognise the benefits that a diverse and inclusive culture brings for our employees and in turn, encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability and others from under-represented backgrounds to apply