Flexible Part-Time Hours (19 hours per week), Onsite parking and close to public transport, Work for a purpose - large youth development not for profit organisation.
Scouts is a worldwide movement that has shaped the development of youth and adults for more than 110 years. Scouts are in every part of our community and is the biggest and most successful youth leadership organisation in Queensland. More than 13,000 young people and adults in Queensland enjoy a huge range of fun, challenging, adventurous, and inclusive activities.
Scouts Queensland is a Child Safe organisation. Scouts Queensland is inclusive of all, regardless of gender, sexuality, race, religion, or abilities and does not tolerate any form of harm, abuse or neglect.
About the role
As part of a small team the Brand and Sponsorship Officer has responsibility for supporting Scouting through the correct implementation of the Scouts Australia Brand in Queensland across all mediums from local Group level through to organisational communications.
This part-time role is ideally suited to an under-graduate or recent graduate in disciplines such as marketing, communications or similar.
Key functions of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Proactive management of Scouts Queenslands social media platforms
- Design of branded items for use at an organisational level in print, online, and as apparel and merchandise.
- Sourcing and/or capture of suitable hi-resolution images and video for use in Brand and Sponsorship publications (both in print and online)
- Delivery of organisational events within the remit of the Brand & Sponsorship Team
- Collaborate on production and delivery of the weekly newsletter and any other newsletter items
Youll tick the boxes below and bring your unique self to the organisation. Youll enjoy operating at a organisational level as well as getting into local detail. Youll bring fresh ideas and innovation to a team prepared to listen.
- Highly effective writing skills are essential with demonstrable experience in the preparation of communications targeted at members and stakeholders of an organisation.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of business software (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), plus preferably some understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrable experience in use of Adobe InDesign and management of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Experience within the Scouting Movement and knowledge of the youth program would be advantageous
- Ability to engage with and respond to the needs of a diverse range of stakeholders including volunteers within the Movement
As part of our Employment screening process, you will be required to hold a current Blue Card for employment.
Scouts Queensland is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
All applications must be submitted by clicking on the "Apply" button below.
Recruitment Agencies, thanks for the interest but weve got this.