Located in the picturesque Snowy Mountains of NSW, Rate of pay commensurate with experience and qualifications, Ski industry benefits.
The role is a Seasonal appointment for the 2021 snow season based in Perisher, located in the heart of the beautiful Snowy Mountains region of South Eastern NSW, which is just a two-hour drive from Canberra and the Far South Coast. Perisher is part of Vail Resorts, the leading mountain resort operator in the world, with 37 ski resorts in the USA, Canada and Australia including iconic resorts such Perisher, Falls Creek, Hotham, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb, Breckenridge and Park City.
We require a competent, self-motivated individual with trade qualifications in Electro Technology Systems and a NSW Electrical Qualified Supervisors License. SCADA and PLC qualifications and previous ski field experience would be desirable for the position as is extensive fault-finding experience.
Experience in the installation of complex control and automation systems, pump operations and controls (three and single phase) as well as Fibre Optics will be highly regarded.
As a Perisher employee, you will be required to:
- Demonstrate Perisher's and Vail Resorts' core Values - Have Fun, Be Safe, Do Good, Serve Others, Drive Value, Do Right and Be Inclusive
- Demonstrate and approach to work consistent with and supportive of Perishers and Vail Resorts' goals, values, policies and procedures
- Have the ability to embrace all aspects of your job
- Have the ability to positively work safely alone as well as in a team environment
- The ability to provide an experience that creates a desire for our guests to return
- Be punctual, reliable and show up for work in full uniform with an enthusiastic attitude in all weather conditions
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with fellow workmates, showing respect to Managers, Supervisors and peers at all times
- Show initiative in handling routine matters and have quick, thoughtful judgement in any situation.
To be considered for this role you must possess:
- A current Driver's Licence
- A Certificate III in Electrotechnology
- Be comfortable with and have experience working at heights.
Previous experience and/or a thorough understanding of the Snowsports Industry is highly desirable.
As an Electrician at Perisher, you will regularly be required to work outdoors so applicants need to aware that all kinds of weather will be encountered and an above average level of fitness will be required. Working at heights may also be a requirement in this role.
Electricians are employed under the Perisher Trades Enterprise Agreement 2018 where remuneration is commensurate with experience and qualifications. The base rate of pay will range from $32.00 to $39.00 per hour depending on your experience and qualifications.
Additional to the remuneration, exceptional employee benefits will apply including free Lift and Skitube access and discounts at Perisher owned Retail, Rental and Food and Beverage outlets.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to apply for Staff Accommodation in a shared room.
Applications close 31st March 2021.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.