Permanent Part Time 22.8 hours per week - work across our Geelong locations, Use your customer service skills to make a real difference!, Work with an experienced and passionate team of eye care professionals.
We have an opening for a talented individual passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and an interest in eye heath to join our Eye Care team as an Optical Dispenser, in this permanent part time position.
GMHBA is an Australian not for profit health insurance and care company. We have served the community since 1934, and with more than 85 years’ experience, we have become one of Australia’s leading regionally based private health insurers. Today, we are proud to cover more than 400,000 Australians through three distinct brands including GMHBA Health Insurance, Frank Health Insurance and health.com.au.
We are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our members, customers and the communities in which we operate. We look after our most at-risk members by offering specialised health care programs and we engage the broader community in free public health seminars and a variety of health promoting programs, so we can be healthier together.
We’re proud to provide eye care to our community through our GMHBA Eye Care practices where we provide eye health tests and a fashionable range of glasses and sunglasses.
About the role
The position provides patient assistance with frame and lens selection assists them with enquiries regarding their eye care needs and performs repairs and maintenance on their spectacles. The role also supports the optometrists and encompasses daily administrative tasks and the maintenance of practice presentation and cleanliness.
Working across our Geelong Eye Care Network (Waurn Ponds, Geelong CBD, Leopold locations), you will be supported by an entire network of passionate professionals all working to the same of goal of healthier together.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team in an iconic well-respected Geelong organisation, who believe that good vision is a key factor for living a healthy & happy life.
You take pride in offering solutions to meet customer needs and suggesting the best available products and services to exceed their expectations. You are proactive in your approach, passionate about your service delivery and driven to achieve great results.
You’ll also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience in a busy customer facing role where you have delivered exceptional service to a diverse customer base
- Experience in a retail/sales environment
- A great communicator with highly developed interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and basic administration skills
- An interest in Eye Care & Health Services
- Optical Dispensing qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Previous practice experience in Optics
- Experience using Optomate
To be considered for this role, applicants will:
- Be available to take on an ongoing part time position
- Be able to work every Saturday across the hours of 7am - 6pm, with remaining shifts across 7am to 9pm Monday to Friday on your normal roster
- Be flexible to work across our Geelong Eye Care Network – Waurn Ponds, Geelong CBD & Leopold stores
- Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent resident or hold full right to work in Australia
Let's get started
Click apply TODAY to start your application
At GMHBA we celebrate and harness diversity and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applicants from all diverse backgrounds.
In submitting an application, you agree that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions of our recruitment privacy statement: www.gmhba.com.au/privacy