LAUNCESTON BMW: A TOTAL FOCUS ON EXCELLENCE.
Quality, efficiency and innovation: three cornerstones of the expertise delivered by BMW Service today and tomorrow.
At our Launceston BMW dealership, we sell and service the prestigious BMW vehicle and legendary BMW Motorrad touring and adventure super bike range. We are committed to providing you with first-class service for your BMW, and an uncompromising driving experience.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our service team, where we require a certified, experienced Motor Vehicle & Motorcycle Technician to service these ultimate driving machines. Using innovative technology, involving special tooling and diagnostic equipment, Launceston BMW boasts a fully equipped workshop, an enjoyable work environment and ongoing BMW factory provided training and support.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful applicant will be primarily responsible for diagnosing, accurately and efficiently repairing and servicing Motorrad Bikes within a timely manner, whilst delivering the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Main responsibilities include:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate exceptional workshop efficiency and productivity and customer satisfaction outcomes facilitated by:
- Receiving customer motorcycles (and vehicles), prioritising and completing job tasks within the specified timeframe
- Completing all necessary service, repair and warranty documentation, in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with dealership and manufacturer standards
- Conducting all vehicle servicing, repairs and road tests in accordance with manufacturer requirements
- Maintaining all equipment, tools and work bays in accordance with safe work practices
- Taking all necessary precautions to prevent damage or loss to dealer and customer owned vehicles
- Participation in ongoing technical service and repairs training and development as required
- Certified Automotive Technician with relevant industry experience
- Experience in servicing, diagnosing and repairing Motorcycles
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, diagnostic and continuous improvement capabilities
- Ability to follow instructions and work well both unsupervised and as a strong team player
- A well developed, up-to-date knowledge of the automotive industry, its products, services and innovative technology
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize work schedules and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast past paced workshop with a strong focus on productivity, efficiency and safety
- Well-presented and professional, punctual and reliable, responsive and adaptive
- Hold a current unrestricted TAS Motor Vehicle & Motorcycle Licences
Certification as a BMW technician and/or experience working with European vehicle brands is preferred and will be viewed favourably.
You'll be rewarded for your success in the role with:
- Attractive package including guaranteed base salary + superannuation + the opportunity to earn bonus incentives
- Comfortable, modern and well-equipped workshop
- Excellent working conditions, a great team culture
- A range of employee benefits and career development opportunities with the financial security of a substantial, well-established company
This role presents a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated high performer, with a keen appetite to develop a successful career with a dynamic and evolving Tasmanian-based automotive company.
Local Motor Group (LMG) is an innovative and expanding company which sells and services quality new, demo and used vehicles from 15 dealerships across the State. Representing 15 desirable automotive brands, we are proud to employ over 380 Tasmanians who work hard to ensure customer satisfaction and our company's success. We invest heavily in training, support, systems, technology and equipment to ensure our multi franchise automotive Group offers unparalleled sales and service experiences to our valued customers.
- We conduct reference checking & AFP Criminal record checks
- Applicants who do not have the required skills and/or experience will not be considered
- Applicants must be physically in Australia and must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or hold a permanent residency Visa
- We are an equal opportunity employer, supporting gender equality, and workplace diversity
This position is available for immediate filling.
Only those candidates who can demonstrate their suitability to the role will be shortlisted and contacted as to the status of their application.