About Instant Waste Management
Instant Waste Management is the largest privately owned waste management company operating in Western Australia.
The company is the market leader in the provision of waste services to the Construction and Demolition Industry and continues to grow in the provision of other waste services.
Reporting to the General Manager, your role is to ensure the day to day expectations of our clients are met.
This will require the successful applicant to ensure we have the necessary resources (drivers, vehicles and equipment) to meet our client needs.
Some of the specific duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Recruitment of drivers and managing driver related matters;
- Liaison with the operational staff to ensure the company has the necessary vehicles on the road;
- Managing equipment purchase and repairs as required;
- Managing Safety in conjunction with the General manager and identifying and implementing safety improvements in the work place;
- Identifying and Implementing operational efficiencies in the work place; and
- Attending to other ad-hoc projects as required.
Some of the key skills, traits and abilities of the successful candidate include:
- In excess of 10 years experience in a similar role;
- A sound knowledge of the transport industry including legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Strong OH&S knowledge;
- The ability to have operational staff meet company expectations;
- A lead by example management style;
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
Knowledge of the waste industry is not a pre-requisite.
We are able to offer:
- a competitive salary;
- a position with a well established company in a job secure industry;
- a central location; and
- a challenging and exciting role.
Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics