CCIWA is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has been the voice of business for more than 125 years. With more than 8,000 members from across all regions and industries, our mission is to make it easier to do business in this state and ensure that WA is a place where businesses of all shapes and sizes can succeed. We want this State to be the best place to live and do business. To do that we need to change how we operate. We need to reach further across the community to find new ways to positively impact our society. At CCIWA we choose to be the most contemporary reflection of the community we represent. We choose ideas. We choose action. And we choose great people who want purpose in their lives.
About Apprenticeship Support Australia
Apprenticeship Support Australia (ASA) was formed in 1998 to deliver the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network services under a contract from the Commonwealth Government. ASA’s services are focused on lifting apprenticeship commencement and completion rates through the provision of support at every stage of the training cycle. To find out more about ASA, visit: https://www.apprenticeshipsupport.com.au/
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced business-to-business enthusiast who is passionate about driving and developing relationships and clientele. If you are a natural communicator with the ability to build robust business relationships, then this may be your next career move!
The Industry Training Consultant and Mentor will be based at our Kalgoorlie office and will work to represent aspects of ASA through the delivery of high-quality and highly compliant training contract sign-ups, client support and advice, gateway support, mentoring, promotion and business development in Outback WA. As a representative of the federal government, this role will deliver AASN services in a high-quality manner, understand and adhere to rules and regulations of training contract establishment, basic incentive eligibility criteria and on-going training contract support. You will also receive a company vehicle and mobile phone.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver high quality, knowledgeable and thorough training contract sign-ups to employers and apprentices/trainees.
- Administer and process contracts to lodge in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide advice on incentives and eligibility.
- Take ownership of BD activities to identify and win new business opportunities in your area.
- Take ownership of client retention activities with a client base in your area.
- Undertake assessments of employers and apprentices to determine apprenticeship readiness.
- Provide high-quality customer service to clients throughout the training contract period.
- Report on your activity as required by your team leader.
- Ensure databases are maintained and kept accurate and compliant.
- Deliver initial assessments and contacts schedule to clients in your area.
- Deliver complex mentoring support to employers and apprentices/trainees in your area.
- Represent ASA to a high standard at events, networking opportunities and expos.
- Keep up-to-date on training contract regulations, policies and changes.
This Kalgoorlie based role is a Full-time, Maximum Term Contract ending January 2022 and is available for immediate commencement.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- excellent customer service and business development skills
- high level of professionalism, ethics and strong people skills
- demonstrated experience in building and managing a strong network of clients
- proven ability to identify and secure new business opportunities
- ability to build and execute an individual sales plan to drive new business growth
- excellent communication skills – oral, written and the demonstrated ability to present to groups
- strong organisational and administration skills to update databases, client records and reporting targets.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Apprenticeship and Traineeship system (desired)
- Safe driving skills
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
About our Culture
At CCIWA, we are high performing, diverse people who are talented, supportive, and inclusive. We will work with you to develop your career; ensure you feel supported and have the skills and capabilities you need to succeed at CCIWA and in your whole career.
We strive to be curious, contemporary, impactful, and respectful. Throughout our recruitment process, we aim to find someone who fits our values along with the required skills needed to be successful in the role. We welcome change and diversity as it not only strengthens our values but provides innovation and contemporary thinking that is essential for us to be the peak industry body in WA.
We acknowledge the Whadjuk Noongar people - traditional custodians of this land. We wish to acknowledge the strength of their continuing connection to land, waters and culture. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we will offer you
At CCIWA we have a range of benefits to support our employees which includes:
- Access to free and confidential counselling for employees and their immediate family
- Rest and Relaxation bonus between Christmas and New Year
- Flu Vaccinations
- Flexible work arrangements
- Health insurance discounts
- Salary Sacrificing, CCIWA has rebateable status
How to apply
For your application to be considered, you should include:
- A cover letter (1-page max)
- An up to date CV/resume
Applications close 5:00 pm Friday, 9 April 2021. Short-listing for this position will commence immediately, and the vacancy may close earlier than stated should we shortlist a suitable candidate.
Please note – to apply, click on “Apply Now” icon on Seek or our website https://cciwa.com/about-us/join-our-team/; complete the application form and attach your resume with cover letter. Email applications or applications from other sites not listed above will not be accepted.