Join a supportive and high performing team, Make a difference to the people of NSW, Be a key internal and external change maker.
- Join a supportive and high performing team
- Make a difference to the people of NSW
- Be a key internal and external change maker
Why NSW Treasury
NSW Treasury leads the economic, jobs and investment conversation across New South Wales (NSW). From its position at the centre of government, Treasury drives the economic development strategy to guide the States growth for the benefit of the people who live, work and study in NSW. Its work includes boosting trade, investment and tourism, developing industry, supporting jobs growth, improving service delivery to the community and increasing living standards, now and into the future.
Were committed to building a culture of highly engaged and talented people, all working together in a collaborative and high-performance culture that facilitates career mobility and diversity. Our culture is underpinned by the NSW Public Sector core values of Excellence in Service, Integrity, Accountability and Trust and a clear set of expected behaviours.
NSW Procurement is a world class organisation supporting government agencies to meet business outcomes, maximise value for money and create a competitive NSW economy. We provide innovative procurement services and solutions through consultancy and advisory services, category management, analytical support, analysis and guidance, and access to procurement enabling technologies.
Primary purpose of the role
Manage and lead a category management team in the implementation, management and ongoing improvement of category prequalification schemes and contracts for nominated categories in one or more of the following ICT, Construction/Facilities, and Goods and Services to ensure the achievement of NSW Government procurement objectives
Key Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline to facilitate effective procurement services in a commercial environment. Such qualifications might be management, business administration or technically oriented depending upon experience and/or experience in the delivery of innovative procurement solutions in large public sector agencies or commercial enterprises
- Relevant professional accreditation or certification, such as MCIPS.
- Leadership experience of a category team in the implementation, management and ongoing improvement of category schemes and contracts reflecting leading procurement practice for nominated categories.
- Communication and influencing skills to effectively engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders to drive category and scheme improvements, deliver outcomes and promote innovation.
- Procurement strategy and analysis skills using a range of quantitative and qualitative data sources to identify savings, service and efficiency improvements for nominated categories through the procurement life cycle.
Click here for role description
To be eligible to apply for ongoing employment within NSW Treasury, candidates must be an Australian citizen or have the status of permanent residency in Australia.
A talent pool may be created through this recruitment process. A talent pool represents a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 18 months.
How to Apply!
Submit your application ONLY via the I Work for NSW jobs platform. Click on the Apply Online button on the advertisement. Accept the redirection to NSWconnect and then click on the Apply Now button to then complete your application process.
Please ensure you read the role description thoroughly before applying.
Your application should include:
- A cover letter which explains your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
- An up-to-date resume detailing your knowledge, skills and experience in relation to the role.
Applications close: AEST 9:59am Monday, 5 April 2021.