Lead one of our first-class customer service teams, Our teams are on the front line, delivering essential services every day, Serco for life - friends | career | care.
- Lead on of our first-class customer service teams
- Our Customer Service teams are on the front line, delivering essential every day
- Serco for life - friends | career | care
As a Customer Service Team Leader, you will be leading a team of Customer Contact Officers,supporting the Australia public on behalf of an Australian Government Department.Your engaging and inspiring leadership skills will be imperative to the success of your team, and the business overall. Youll have the highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour, including the ability to adhere to strict security policies. You are well-organised, flexible, pragmatic and able to handle a diverse and variable workload.
About the Role
Reporting to the site manager, you will be instrumental in the performance and development of your team. The centre operates 7:00am and 11:00pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday, with the flexibility to work extended hours.
Your team of Customer Service professionalswill be supporting servicing customer inbound calls on behalf of an Australian Government department, and your role with be to coach, mentor and elevate your team members on a daily basis.
- Lead and develop your team, building a culture of inclusivitly, high performance whilst at the same time making work an enjoyable pManaging inbound enquiries and measured against consistent KPIs
- Provide support to your team so they are able to logdetailed interactions for all tasks and actions accordance to policy and procedure
- Manage secure and sensitive data with professionalism and empathy
- Ongoing coaching and development of your team to deliver first class service
- Managing and motivating your team to deliver excellent customer service
- Lead, coach and develop your team to ensure that targets are met, and our clients expectations are exceeded
- Handle escalated customer issues
- Drive initiatives to maintain high employee engagement
- Act as a liaison point with the client when required
- Administer procedures and ensure progress against key performance indicators are tracked and regularly met.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven management experience within a call centre environment
- Strong understanding of the key contact centre metrics, technologies and processes
- Sound judgement and initiative
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Client centric approach
- A focus on continuous improvement
Applicants will need to successfully complete a police clearance prior to commencement and must hold Australian Citizenship. This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes national police check as an essential selection component for this role.
At Serco youll join an inclusive and welcoming team, and benefit from a wide range of benefits including:
- You will receive fully paid, comprehensive classroom training in our dedicated training facilities.
- Rewards and recognition program, including awards and corporate retail discounts
- Ongoing training tailored for your personal development plans, including opportunities outside your current team or location
- Friendly and diverse team with inclusivity and care at the heartof everything we do
At Serco, youll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people working across more than 20 countries worldwide. But no matter your role or where youre based, we each share the same goal to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. Serco is a business where people and values matter. We have a strong public service ethos, and we employ people from a range of backgrounds.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be consideredfor this opportunity, please apply now.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
NOTE: Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website