About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Land Management Services Division for a Crew Leader (Job Coach), currently based in the Dandenong region.
This is a new fulltime role, perfect for an experienced gardener or grounds maintenance person looking to work on a variety of contracts whilst supporting a crew of up to 4 people each day, all with different abilities and a desire to learn new skills.
If youre proactive, passionate and results driven, experienced in commercial gardens maintenance and are keen to put your experience into practice, while also supporting people with disabilities reach their goals, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll need to succeed
- Grounds and gardens maintenance qualifications or experience
- Experience in the use and operation of horticultural equipment including ride on mowers and zero turn mowers
- A good level of mechanical aptitude
- Experience and passion for working with people with different abilities
- Good communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources
- A high level of administration, written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation
- Highly motivated and outcome driven to complete allotted tasks
- Ability to meet the goals and objectives of the team while working in an independent environment
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of Occupational Heath Safety and Environment, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory NDIS Worker Screening Check (including police check) will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers license
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 + CPR
- White Card or equivalent
- Chemcert or equivalent
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara Because when you join Wallara, youll join a movement! Were driving social change for people with different abilities and were having a good time doing it! Were passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. Its just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, youll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through SEEK by COB 22 February 2021.
Please note, applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.