A new and exciting opportunity currently awaits for an experienced and qualified Strategic Planner to join our team.
At the Town of Mosman Park, our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Each day, we are encouraged to work with purpose and passion so that together, we can shape the future of our Town and make a remarkable difference to our community.
Mosman Park is located approximately 14km from Perth and a stones throw from Fremantle. Nestled between Cottesloe, Peppermint Grove, and North Fremantle; we are uniquely positioned between the picturesque Indian Ocean and the beautiful shores of the Swan River.
We are a small and vibrant local government, focused on connecting with our close-knit community between river and sea.
Were seeking a fresh, new face with the curiosity and ambition to deliver great things for the Town and our residents.
By joining us, youll have access to amazing lifestyle benefits and entitlements to help you achieve your full potential:
- 17.5% leave loading, two extra days of leave each year
- Additional superannuation (subject to individual contribution)
- Flexible working arrangements (including a 9 day fortnight)
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs, including an Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking, and close to public transport
Things you'll love:
- Working for an organisation that supports you every step of the way
- Being part of a place that really values a work/life balance
- Working alongside a friendly and motivated group of people
- The feeling of being valued, respected and having equal access to opportunities
- Fixed term full time 3 year contract, with the possibility of permanency
Reporting to the Principal Planning and Development, you will contribute to the preparation of strategies and policies and this role will see you taking an active role in achieving the overall strategic goals of Council and the achievement of Council objectives.
The Town of Mosman Park is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant and diverse community. You will contribute to the review, development and implementation of policies and plans that are responsible for managing the built and natural environment of the Town.
This position requires the successful candidate to have thorough working knowledge of planning legislation and processes and to manage and coordinate urban growth planning, strategic land use planning projects and development contributions to enable the implementation of successful planning outcomes for our community.
You are expected to liaise with customers/residents and Town staff in a professional and courteous manner as well as attend required staff meetings and functions and contribute to the organisational culture in a positive way.
If you are a highly motivated professional, with a passion for delivering first class service to stakeholders we would like to hear from you.
You will have a knowledge and a solid understanding of planning systems, practices and trends including the planning scheme amendment process and other relevant legislation.
You have a recognised qualification in town planning or a related profession, along with relevant public and/or private sector experience in the field of strategic planning or statutory planning.
You are highly competent with IT skills, including in GIS systems and possess a strong ability to develop innovative, efficient and practical solutions to issues.
Excellent communication skills to assist in discussions and resolutions with the community, government, private sector representatives and staff.
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level, in planning, architecture or urban design, or a related discipline and hold membership of or eligibility for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia.
- Well rounded skills in formulating policies, assessing and reporting on land use planning strategic issues.
- Extensive relevant work experience with demonstrated expertise / knowledge in managing the planning process within Western Australia.
- Demonstrated well developed project management skills and ability, combined with expertise and experience in change management processes.
- High level oral and written communication skills including community consultation, research, report writing and policy development.
- Well-developed financial management skills and demonstrated experience in budget management and manage contractor management.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively within an organisation and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to approach problem solving in a flexible and resourceful manner.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to negotiate with influence.
- Highly competent IT skills, including in GIS systems and possess a strong ability to develop innovative, efficient and practical solutions to issues.
Work Related Requirements
The recruitment process requires applicants to obtain a police clearance and undergo a psychometric assessment, pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol assessment.
Salary: $79,489 - $87,772 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
How to Apply: Applicants are expected to address the Selection Criteria within their application and must answer (in 200 words or less) the following question:
Why do you want to work for us and what is the main strength you will bring to this new position
Close Date: 9am, Monday 1 March 2021
The Town reserves the right to commence recruitment prior to this date.
Applicants are required to demonstrate a commitment to the Town of Mosman Parks ACE values of Accountability, Connection and Excellence.
The Town of Mosman Park has an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the workforce, increases the effectiveness of teams. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.