Fantastic position in a reputable national organisation, Ideally qualified in Mechanical Engineering & experience in managing teams, Drive maintenance and reliability improvement strategies and initiatives..
AKD is a forestry products company, growing and manufacturing sustainable quality timber products. With operations across Queensland, NSW and Victoria we have 1,000 plus strong team members who are passionate about our business!
AKD is proud of our diverse culture, that supports empowered individuals, embraces teamwork, and encourages a simple action orientated can do attitude.
AKD is offering an exciting opportunity to join our Maintenance Team in Colac in the newly created position of Mechanical Shift Manager. The position will lead, drive and develop the maintenance teams to perform at their best and implement maintenance and reliability improvements.
Drawing on past experiences and ideally a qualification in Engineering, the Mechanical Shift Manager position will implement maintenance, reliability and continuous improvement plans which continue to build on the skills, function and success of the maintenance team and deliver improved reliability and uptime performance for the site.
The person coming into this role must have a passion for people and their individual development, and an ability to manage and lead teams across multiple shifts and functions. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager and with responsibility for the 30 plus strong team of qualified and apprentice fitters and technicians; the position requires someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to drive performance across teams.
This position requires the individual to develop and maintain strong relationships across the business and teams to support our fast-paced and highly technical operations.
Key duties & responsibilities will include:
- Manage, support and mentor the mechanical shift crews to provide mechanical maintenance expertise and support to the operations team to drive production performance.
- Mentoring and managing the apprentice fitter and technician program.
- Ensure preventative maintenance and project work is completed to standard and in accordance with agreed work plans.
- Responsibility for shift maintenance teams including Hydraulic tech, condition monitoring and Lubrication.
- Providing reliability and engineering expertise.
- Drive maintenance and reliability improvement strategies and initiatives.
Essential skills and experience for the position:
- Ideally Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team
- Great people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numerical skills
- Strong understanding of Australian and International Standards
Note: Pre-employment drug and alcohol, along with functional capacity testing, will be required.