World-class Agribusiness, Fun and Inclusive Team, Varied Role.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, has an exciting position available for an experienced Administration Officer / Gardener to join our operations at Innamincka Station, South Australia on a casual basis.
Hancock Agriculture has a long history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
Hancock Agriculture provides you a career in an exceptional organisation you can be proud of, whose culture includes, happy healthy cattle are the best cattle. Using practical technology, we are leaders in responsible safety.
About the Property
Innamincka Station is located on the banks of the iconic Cooper Creek, in South Australias northeast. It is only 5km from the historic township of Innamincka and nearby to one of South Australias most spectacular natural attractions, the Malkumba-Coongie Lakes National Park.
The team at Innamincka are active, enthusiastic and passionate people who love their work and the animals they care for. Thanks to its location, Innamincka also offers a wonderful lifestyle of swimming, fishing, canoeing and attending weekend events throughout the channels.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, you will be in a varied role in which you will have the opportunity to utilise multiple skillsets.
You will provide timely and efficient administration support to various areas, as well as maintaining the station gardens, along with the general domestic duties when required.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinate office/station communications, including email, post, fax, phone;
- Maintain the station office and filing system;
- Ordering parts and supplies;
- Processing and recording accounts payable;
- Preparing Payroll; and
- General gardening activities, e.g. watering lawns, attending to garden.
To be successful, you will have:
- Have general administration experience
- Have Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Practical experience in gardening and/or horticulture activities including planting, pruning, trimming, weeding, fertilising, mulching, mowing and watering;
- Competent operation and general maintenance of gardening equipment;
- Self-motivation and be able to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Ability to record information and communicate effectively in the workplace;
- Hold a current Class C Drivers Licence; and
- A genuine passion for Agriculture.
What we Offer You
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Certainty of remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, career development and advancement opportunities in our widespread organisation
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
This role offers a great opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading Agribusiness, with scope for advancement after training and experience.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for positions with Hancock Agriculture or S. Kidman & Co.