Do you enjoy preparing economic advice for diverse and compelling client projects
Are you seeking a role that is fulfilling and allows you to contribute to the future of your city
Are you looking for career growth/advancement opportunities
We have an opportunity for a senior role in our Sydney office open to self-starters to join our economics team. We are seeking a commercially orientated consultant who can hit the ground running. Ideally the candidate will have considerable professional experience on a wide range of urban development projects.
We are seeking an experienced property professional for a senior role within our economics team. The economics team operates nationally, and across a range of sectors for public and private clients.
If you are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you. Our comprehensive onboarding process will allow you to come up to speed with the unique, collaborative way our business operates.
Investment in your growth is an integral part of our success. We provide structured career pathways to ensure staff are equipped with the skills needed to enhance their career potential.
Our collaborative way of working is what makes us different. Our teams are multidisciplinary and fluid, so you will work on varied projects with a range of talented urban professionals continuing to learn and share your insights for the best client outcomes.
We are seeking candidates with an economics background who are strong lateral thinkers, with an ability to apply their skills to real-world land use and development issues.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- A demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively in a team environment.
- A tertiary qualification in economics (highly preferred) or property, urban planning or related degree/discipline.
- 5+ years experience within a similar role or with a skill set transferrable to consulting.
- Experience in researching, sourcing, manipulating and analysing statistical information as well as monitoring and reporting on spatial trends.
- Technical understanding of the interrelationship between land use planning, economics and property.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- High level of verbal and written communication, including public presentation skills.
- Effective planning & organising skills.
- Adaptability & flexibility in working with, and across, teams and functions.
- A professional commitment to striving for excellence.
- Mentoring and leadership skills highly regarded.
- Experience with geographical information systems (GIS) highly regarded.
About Ethos Urban
We believe bringing collective intelligence to complex decisions delivers a better urban experience. Our towns and cities are always changing and we know this creates choices that can make a difference to the quality of urban life.
We believe we can always improve the urban life experience by creating engaging places that connect us to where we need to go, meet our changing needs and create opportunities for everyone to thrive.
For over 25 years our people have worked in partnership with the public and private sectors to provide them with the momentum to realise their ambitions for better places, communities and cities.
Why work with us
The business of creating a better urban experience is a complex one. It requires patience, diligence, intelligence and perhaps most importantly, a passion for making a difference to our experience of urban life.
What we do and the way that we do it is unique. We view each project as a complex puzzle that requires different perspectives and alternative angles to solve it. At Ethos Urban, no one individual ever has the answer. Its only when we bring people with different specialisations from different teams that we can see the full picture and then the way forward. We call it collective intelligence.
At Ethos Urban our people are constantly developing their skills, staying challenged, pivot in their careers and take their experience and expertise to places all over the world. The value we bring to our clients is intrinsically linked to the ongoing knowledge, varied experience and rich partnerships that we develop.
Clients choose us because we bring an elevated and multi-faceted perspective that helps us (and them) do the right thing by people and places not just for today, but for generations to come. At Ethos Urban we are committed to making a difference if you would like to join us on this journey, bring your expertise to the group and be part of creating better urban experiences.
How to apply
Interested in joining our team Wed love to hear from you.